JACKFAN123   08-30-2012, 12:25 AM
I live in Louisiana. Right now we are riding out Hurricane Isaac. (while it will cause a large amount of property damage, we have seen much more intense storms.). An interesting facet of hurricanes is that for all intensive purposes, you experience 48 hours of night. In preparation for the storm (booze, generator hook up, foods, clearing your property) I wrestled with which Wilson book I wanted to read. I settled on either Nightworld or Midnight Mass. Both have the desolate, surreal flavor that can accompany a hurricane. I've read Midnight Mass more times than Nightworld, so the latter won out. It's been a trippy ride, and my wife has spent a good bit of time asking for updates in the book, or to describe a monster or event. I don't know why I felt I should share this experience, but I figured some jack fanatics or Wilson aficionados could appreciate it.
cobalt   08-30-2012, 10:11 AM
Nightworld was a good choice.

Hope you weather the storm's after-math without much trouble.

EWMAN
JACKFAN123   08-31-2012, 12:27 AM
No problems, had to clean up the yard, wait for the power to come back on. Everyone in our family was very fortunate in this one. Thanks for the well wishes.
Karithna   09-02-2012, 05:17 PM
Was it the updated Nightworld? I just finished it for the first time. I could appreciate the differences between the two.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." Albert Einstein
JACKFAN123   09-04-2012, 12:18 AM
Yep, the updated one. I never did pick up the old one, when I came into the adversarial cycle, fpw had already let that cat out that he was dovetailing the rpj and adversarial cycle, so I didn't want to read the old Nightworld and maybe spoil future rpj books. I might have to try and locate the old Nightworld and see the differences. Which did you prefer?