Pages (2):    1 2
Tony H   07-07-2012, 12:02 AM
The taking the mask off thing was slightly annoying.

I did like the new costume and I am glad they went with web shooters versus the organic webbing.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
PicardRex   07-09-2012, 11:00 AM
Saw this yesterday and while overall it was good, I'd argue better than 2&3 of Raimi's, although its almost apples and oranges, it had a few flaws.

The mask taking off was annoying in the trilogy, glad to see they repeated it. The soundtrack, although I suppose thats because I'm getting older, I didn't care for Lizard having an inner voice, seemed too much like Green Goblin's inner voice, also would have preferred a snout on the Lizard instead of the flat face, but thats kind of nitpicking.

I thought Garfield and Stone were much more believable together(which sucks if you someone's fate in the comics) and I enjoyed the less campy tone of the film.
Tony H   07-09-2012, 07:39 PM
PicardRex Wrote:Saw this yesterday and while overall it was good, I'd argue better than 2&3 of Raimi's, although its almost apples and oranges, it had a few flaws.

The mask taking off was annoying in the trilogy, glad to see they repeated it. The soundtrack, although I suppose thats because I'm getting older, I didn't care for Lizard having an inner voice, seemed too much like Green Goblin's inner voice, also would have preferred a snout on the Lizard instead of the flat face, but thats kind of nitpicking.

I thought Garfield and Stone were much more believable together(which sucks if you someone's fate in the comics) and I enjoyed the less campy tone of the film.

The inner voice for the lizard was annoying only because it came out of left field. It was only in that one scene then they abandoned it. I am glad it was dropped or not revisited because it was a mild nuisance.

I too kept thinking about what was off with the lizard and the way he looked, the lack of elongated face is it. Good catch.

The chemistry between Peter and Gwen is great, very sweet and yes, considering what is down the pipe, it will be devestating. It seems this Spider-Man borrowed heavily from the Ultimates title so I wonder who will be the one to do the deed. Will it be the Goblin or will we see Venom break up the relationship.

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
PicardRex   07-10-2012, 04:11 PM
Tony H Wrote:The inner voice for the lizard was annoying only because it came out of left field. It was only in that one scene then they abandoned it. I am glad it was dropped or not revisited because it was a mild nuisance.

I too kept thinking about what was off with the lizard and the way he looked, the lack of elongated face is it. Good catch.

The chemistry between Peter and Gwen is great, very sweet and yes, considering what is down the pipe, it will be devestating. It seems this Spider-Man borrowed heavily from the Ultimates title so I wonder who will be the one to do the deed. Will it be the Goblin or will we see Venom break up the relationship.

Yes that too, I meant to put that in my initial post, about how it was used the once and then never again. Most of the times I've seen Lizard he had a snout, I suppose there's a flat face version in the comics, just haven't seen it, so this truck me as odd. They do the same for Killer Croc in DC.

I had heard they borrowed heavily from the Ultimate U, makes sense considering how much Avengers is like it too. I don't know who will do the deed, I read that they kept the guy at the end purposefully vague to keep everyone guessing and that the director really didn't intend for it to be anyone specific. One theory I read was that it was Electro, due to the lightning going on.
Dervish   07-23-2012, 04:12 AM
I'll want to add to see it in 3D. Most of the time I can do without it but hearing what others said (and knowing the boy I saw it with prefers it that way) I spent extra, and it was worth it. Toward the end I actually felt it affecting my brain in a way that's hard to describe, but was definitely pleasant, almost like being on a roller coaster.

I've heard that some people get headaches watching 3D which has never happened to me before. But this time (when it was feeling good) there was pressure in my head (especially in between my eyes) and though it wasn't painful or distressing in the least it did make me wonder if those kinds of scenes are the kind that give others headaches when watching in 3D.
Pages (2):    1 2