Kenji   02-19-2012, 10:17 AM
Yesterday I saw Lars Von Trier's new film, "Melancholia". His previous film, "Antichrist" was full of hopelessness and it annoyed me. Well, that's his movie.

So....how about "Melancholia"? I knew it's not happy end, but as in the title, it depressed me. The story was simple than "Antichrist". It's about apocalyptic end of the world. A gigantic planet "Melancholia" is coming to Earth.

On the night of Justine and Michael's wedding, suddenly Justine become depressing. It was gorgeous wedding paid for by her sister Claire and brother-in-law John. They got mad about her; "Sometimes I hate you!". Meanwhile, a huge blue planet:Melancholia pass by to Earth. John say "Everything's okay. It's only just passing by Earth. It doesn't clash to Earth". But Claire can't believe him and she lost mind.

Kirsten Dunst's playing Justine. Her acting was excellent. And Kiefer Sutherland's playing her brother-in-law. Surprisingly he play normal guy! No guns, no yell.

It's about depression, but it isn't depressing at all. You know what I mean? Even I don't know. I was not depression.

Visual is amazingly beautiful. At the last moments, Melancholia clash to Earth. If end of the world comes, I like this way....

Oh, maybe I have mental depression.
Marc   02-19-2012, 12:35 PM
I really enjoyed this film. It's a shame Kirsten Dunst didn't get an award nod. She was brilliant in it. Yes... depressing, but that's alright. Beautifully shot and so well acted.
Kenji   02-20-2012, 10:34 AM
Marc Wrote:I really enjoyed this film. It's a shame Kirsten Dunst didn't get an award nod. She was brilliant in it. Yes... depressing, but that's alright. Beautifully shot and so well acted.

Kirsten Dunst got Cannes Film Festival's Best Actress award. Yes, indeed. She's brilliant and beautiful.
LolaRennt   02-21-2012, 12:57 PM
A friend told me about this movie, but I wasn't able to see it before it left theaters. I'll rent it. He mentioned that Dunst did a great job in the role.

Why do I always do this to myself???