Sigokat   01-10-2012, 10:26 AM
Has been cast to play the villian in the new JJ Abrams Star Trek movie. This is good news to me because I really enjoyed Cumberbatch as Sherlock Holmes in the new Sherlock and I'm glad that the rumor abouts Benecio Del Toro playing Khan are false.

Now the question is what character will he play? I'd love to see a brand new character emerge since the possibilities in Star Trek are endless, but a lot of people and I'm tending to agree at this point think he will be Q (even though technically Q is not a villian).

Any thoughts?

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
cobalt   01-10-2012, 10:31 AM
I can't wait.....love Trekkie movies.

Who's to say that Q didn't start out as a malevolent being? Or at least one that didn't know how to deal with humans? Then again....a new character would be a good thing to help fill in the story line for adventures.

I also can't wait to see how they introduce Klingons.
This post was last modified: 01-10-2012, 10:35 AM by cobalt.

EWMAN
Sigokat   01-10-2012, 10:38 AM
Honestly, I hope they leave the Klingons out. They've been done to death and like I said there is so many possibilities that I hate to think they will just redo the same of stuff, like the idea of Del Toro as Khan, that rumor really turned me off to the idea of a new Trek movie if that was going to be the story, same thing applies for the Klingons for me.

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
cobalt   01-10-2012, 10:51 AM
The "hate" for the Klingons has to be told....even if it's just a sideline in a story that has the crew discovering new planets and peoples. After all, Enterprise went out there and explored vast areas of space....in many instances....I'm thinking they all can't be friendly.

EWMAN