Pages (2): 1 2   
cobalt   11-14-2011, 10:38 AM
Has anyone seen this movie yet? It's a Brit film about a group of kids that grow up and have quite an end. We watched it the other afternoon and I can't stop thinking about the idea of people as cattle for the slaughter. It was disturbing and thought provoking at the same time.....I can't stop thinking about it.

EWMAN
DaveStrorm   11-14-2011, 11:27 AM
Never heard of it. Sounds intriguing but I'm not sure I want to see a disturbing movie I can't get out of my head. :eek: Wink

Is it on Netflix?
cobalt   11-14-2011, 11:29 AM
DaveStrorm Wrote:Never heard of it. Sounds intriguing but I'm not sure I want to see a disturbing movie I can't get out of my head. :eek: Wink

Is it on Netflix?

We dropped Netflix....but did get it from Blockbuster....so it's available to rent.

EWMAN
Medusa   11-14-2011, 03:30 PM
I checked Netflix. Its DVD only.

Veronica
http://s180.photobucket.com/albums/x41/Medusa-Warthog/
The Snake Lady from Texas!
Brian   11-14-2011, 08:00 PM
The movie was based on a story by Kazuo Ishigura.

[SPOILER]Clones used for organ donation.[/SPOILER] I didn't like the fact that none of them tried to run or protest their fate.

There is no wise man without fault
Dave   11-16-2011, 02:06 PM
Brian Wrote:I didn't like the fact that none of them tried to run or protest their fate.
A lot of people had trouble with that aspect.

I saw it as a perception of reality deal, like why I think serfs in the middle ages accepted a lord who ruled over them and decreed what they could and could not do in their limited existence. It's how they were raised, it's all they knew.

The story could have been about a revolt, but that isn't the story the author wanted to tell, he wanted to disect the idea of what a limited life is worth in regards to love and relationships. It just had the added edge of where technology could lead us morally, but very much a background message, which makes it all the more powerful.

I loved the film. I thought it was beautifully shot, very well acted, thought provoking (as Cobalt said), and although tough at times it had some wonderful uplifting moments.

I read the book after seeing the film, it was very good, the film being a good adaptation, but as always the film had to drop some elements. Still no revolt though Smile
cobalt   11-16-2011, 03:20 PM
I'm still thinking about the film....thinking about the old and broken toys the kids clammered for. Cast offs that were more than likely culled out of the garbage. Gah!....that makes me wanna cry!

EWMAN
Bluesman Mike Lindner   11-16-2011, 04:16 PM
Don't cry, cobalt. If you cry, Ah'm gonna cry too.

Don't worry. Ain't never gonna happen, as long as men like Brian and sig got their guns, and the U.S. Air Force and our matchless Navy are on the job.
Brian   11-16-2011, 08:08 PM
What are you going on about, Mike?

There is no wise man without fault
RootsReggae   11-17-2011, 05:26 PM
I read the book before I saw the movie. The book was better, as usually is the case. It's a lot like the movie the island, or repo men. Not really an original idea but I won't judge it too much for that. I was into it when I was making my way through the book.
Pages (2): 1 2