tkoop   11-06-2011, 02:20 PM
Hey all. I'm new to the board and didn't look through all the pages, but what is next after The Dark at the End ?

I haven't read Nightworld yet, so do I read that even though that was written before all the Repairman Jack books? Is Mr. Wilson going to write a new book with what happens next, or has that happened already in Nightworld?

What do I need to pick up or wait to pick up next?

Thanks for the info!
rjack_fan   11-06-2011, 09:47 PM
:welcome:

Whatever you do, read Nightworld last. It is the next (and final) RJ book in the series. For reasons discussed in several other threads, the edition coming out next year is very heavily revised from the original text to accommodate the RJ series events.

If you haven't read the rest of the RJ series, start with that at a minimum. For the best understanding, also read The Adversary Cycle books, which are 6 books that are intertwined with RJ and they both end with Nightworld. The AC books are The Keep, The Tomb (also first RJ book), The Tough, Reborn, Reprisal, Nightworld (also last RJ book).

If you need some more specific direction, post back and let us know what you have read so far. There are also several threads on this topic you can read, they should come up if you use the search feature.
tkoop   11-06-2011, 09:56 PM
Thanks for the info! I have read all the Repairman Jack books other than the Young Jack versions. I haven't read any of the Adversary Cycle books other than the Touch (that was my first Wilson book I read years ago). I might have to read the others to get more of an understanding and finish with the new revised version of Nightworld.

Thanks again for the info!
Lisa   11-07-2011, 12:08 PM
You're missing out if you haven't read The Keep. Smile I also highly recommend Black Wind. Although only tangentially related to the Jack books, it's FPW's best novel.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   11-08-2011, 03:54 PM
Nora Roberts advises, "Read NIGHTWORLD last. But read Dr. Wilson's prose backwards. Fun!"
eaacsm2006   11-10-2011, 02:42 PM
Does anyone know when the heavily revised Nightworld actually will come out? I read all of the Adversary books, Repairman Jack books and the young Jack series. Now
Even when I do read it; I will never want to say good bye to Jack.
Brian   11-10-2011, 08:01 PM
eaacsm2006 Wrote:Does anyone know when the heavily revised Nightworld actually will come out? I read all of the Adversary books, Repairman Jack books and the young Jack series. Now
Even when I do read it; I will never want to say good bye to Jack.

The publish date is in another, similar thread. It's slated for May of 2012.

There is no wise man without fault