Tony H   08-04-2011, 01:42 PM
It doesn't hit theaters until June of 2013, but the studio has given us a peek at Henry Cavill as the new Superman. I am not sure about the costume, I know they want to have it look different from the other films and this does that while also having it look familiar enough to those who know what the iconic hero is supposed to look like.

Still, the material looks off and the colors are muted as they were for "Superman Returns".

I would like to see more pictures and hopefully this movie will do the character proud. I liked "Superman Returns" but I longed for more super action.

[Image: manofsteelsupermanbig.jpg]

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
PicardRex   08-04-2011, 02:48 PM
It doesn't look too bad in my opinion, you always have to remember with these movies, they are going to change stuff up due to the difference in mediums and just because they can. I saw they cast Laurence Fishbourne as Perry White, why? Who knows, I don't have problem with changing the race of a character, but it should be for a reason not just because, if anything I think that makes it worse.

And Superman Returns was again, in my opinion easily the worst of the 5 Superman movies, not counting any George Reeves stuff. Boring, stupid, and miscast. As well as being a lame remake of the original.
Tony H   08-04-2011, 02:53 PM
PicardRex Wrote:It doesn't look too bad in my opinion, you always have to remember with these movies, they are going to change stuff up due to the difference in mediums and just because they can. I saw they cast Laurence Fishbourne as Perry White, why? Who knows, I don't have problem with changing the race of a character, but it should be for a reason not just because, if anything I think that makes it worse.

And Superman Returns was again, in my opinion easily the worst of the 5 Superman movies, not counting any George Reeves stuff. Boring, stupid, and miscast. As well as being a lame remake of the original.

Returns was miscast and boring, and Superman became whiny and despicable. That and they reused the plot of Superman: The MOvie as you said. But it spoke to me, one of my first movie going memories was seeing SUPERMAN int he theater when I was 2 years old. I think Superman Returns stirred that nostalgia and made me enjoy the film more than I should have.

You realize a lot of purists are going to take offense to your George Reeves comment, for a generation of 50's era children he was the Man of Steel. But the show was boring and formulaic.

You hated "Returns" more than Superman 3 and 4?

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
Medusa   08-04-2011, 08:59 PM
Doesn't he look like a young Adam Ant? lol

Veronica
http://s180.photobucket.com/albums/x41/Medusa-Warthog/
The Snake Lady from Texas!
PicardRex   08-04-2011, 09:55 PM
Tony H Wrote:Returns was miscast and boring, and Superman became whiny and despicable. That and they reused the plot of Superman: The MOvie as you said. But it spoke to me, one of my first movie going memories was seeing SUPERMAN int he theater when I was 2 years old. I think Superman Returns stirred that nostalgia and made me enjoy the film more than I should have.

You realize a lot of purists are going to take offense to your George Reeves comment, for a generation of 50's era children he was the Man of Steel. But the show was boring and formulaic.

You hated "Returns" more than Superman 3 and 4?

I just meant that I hadn't really seen much of the George Reeves stuff, I watched some of the show on Nick at Nite and I have the Superman and the Mole Man, but I can't say that I can fairly compare his Superman stuff to the more modern incarnation. Additionally, I think its too different, kinda like comparing animated versions to his cinematic self.

Yes I hated Returns the most. Aside from the things I mentioned previously, it was just such a disappointment. Routh was ok, but everyone else was just wrong for their parts. The story was a shitty remake of a classic film. I know Singer wanted to pay homage to the 78 version and I don't blame him, but thats where he went wrong. Whatever he made was never going to live up to the 78 version, not because of the story or effects, but because of Christopher Reeves portrayal. He should have acknowledged that and tried something different, instead he went and made the same movie, just shittier.

3 is not all that bad, the splitting scene is actually really well done, thats not to say it doesn't have problems. 4 is a crapfest, but at least it is like 45 minutes shorter than Returns.