Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6
Ken Valentine   07-03-2011, 03:15 AM
Scott Miller Wrote:You left out CAR CRUSHING(echo, echo, echo).

As for me, I despise all commercials for the most part but I really want to strangle that red-headed chick from the Progressive Ins. ads. So I am in complete agreeance with A-Dono about those.
As of the end of June I haven't watched television for 24 years. Back then, there weren't any programs worth watching, after seeing these commercials I'm further convinced that turning of the TV was the right thing to do.

Ken V.
mad4tunes   07-04-2011, 03:19 AM
Ken Valentine Wrote:As of the end of June I haven't watched television for 24 years. Back then, there weren't any programs worth watching, after seeing these commercials I'm further convinced that turning of the TV was the right thing to do.

Ken V.

Did you follow any other advice from John Prine, Ken Wink ??

"You have the right to remain silent. If you choose to waive this right, I may have to kill you in self-defense because you're boring me to death."
Ken Valentine   07-04-2011, 03:47 AM
mad4tunes Wrote:Did you follow any other advice from John Prine, Ken Wink ??
I don't know who John Prine is, so no.

Kaye and I rarely watched TV, so in October of 1985, when high winds blew down our TV antenna, we decided to not put up a new one.

Then, in late '86, we noticed that there were going to be a number of programs on TV (ESPN) about the competitors in the up-coming America's Cup races in Perth, Australia. So we subscribed to cable in order to watch them.

After the races were over in January of '87, we noticed the Arts and Entertainment channel. They had some excellent programs so we continued to subscribe to cable. But in June of '87 the cable company discontinued Arts and Entertainment, so we discontinued cable TV . . . and haven't watched TV since.

DVD's and video's yes. Regular TV . . . no.

Ken V.
The Mad American   07-07-2011, 06:45 PM
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80pNUxIczig[/YT]

Anybody else have the urge to give the kid in this ad campaign a good thump upside his head?

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

Tesla's folly   07-09-2011, 04:42 AM
Agreed.

I'm nowhere near a parent. But its a 7 year old living in what looks like a nice neighborhood, good house, and he's insulting cars and rambling about fairly needless features like bluetooth in an economy minivan.

How is this ad supposed to make you want to buy the product.
This post was last modified: 07-09-2011, 04:46 AM by Tesla's folly.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   07-11-2011, 02:47 PM
Ken Valentine Wrote:I don't know who John Prine is, so no.

Kaye and I rarely watched TV, so in October of 1985, when high winds blew down our TV antenna, we decided to not put up a new one.

Then, in late '86, we noticed that there were going to be a number of programs on TV (ESPN) about the competitors in the up-coming America's Cup races in Perth, Australia. So we subscribed to cable in order to watch them.

After the races were over in January of '87, we noticed the Arts and Entertainment channel. They had some excellent programs so we continued to subscribe to cable. But in June of '87 the cable company discontinued Arts and Entertainment, so we discontinued cable TV . . . and haven't watched TV since.

DVD's and video's yes. Regular TV . . . no.

Ken V.

John Prine is a singer-songwriter who's been around since the '70s, Ken. A good one, too.
But I don't understand John's reference, though.:o
mad4tunes   07-11-2011, 08:10 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:John Prine is a singer-songwriter who's been around since the '70s, Ken. A good one, too.
But I don't understand John's reference, though.:o

"Spanish Pipe Dream", Ken and Blues.

"You have the right to remain silent. If you choose to waive this right, I may have to kill you in self-defense because you're boring me to death."
Bluesman Mike Lindner   07-11-2011, 08:36 PM
Blast my wicked hide, John--Little Blues doesn't know the song...

Though I did see John Prine once back in 1979, I guess, in Buffalo--he opened for Randy Newman.

My then-girlfriend treated for the tickets, and drove us there and back.

Ah, me...they don't make girlfriends like Mary anymore...Sad
Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6