Pages (2):    1 2
Medusa   06-17-2011, 12:12 AM
Congrats! My brother brews his own as well. Since he lives in Virginia I've never gotten to try his.

Veronica
http://s180.photobucket.com/albums/x41/Medusa-Warthog/
The Snake Lady from Texas!
mad4tunes   06-18-2011, 01:54 AM
Good for you, Karithna!

I've tried to brew my own home brew a few times, and even with the so-called "foolproof" home brewing kits, all I've ended up with is bilge that tastes even worse than Bud Light.

The best one came out about the consistency of maple syrup, and tasted okay when you mixed it 3 parts of the concoction with one part of club soda.

"You have the right to remain silent. If you choose to waive this right, I may have to kill you in self-defense because you're boring me to death."
Karithna   06-18-2011, 03:40 PM
The first batch I made was a honey porter from a kit (all the ingredients in one box). Some how it came out purple (WTF!?!?!), had gross yeast floaties in the bottom inch of the bottles, and it foamed out of the bottle when it was popped open.

It was the best beer I ever had!!!

Fourteen years later I have a semi-pro brewery that I made myself (I don't sell it. It's all in small batches for me and mine). All my brews are custom recipes designed by yours truly. I'm a purist when it comes to my beer. I only use malted barley, hops, yeast, and water. No corn or sugar or other additives that the big boys use to make it cheaper.

Right now I have Rakosh IPA, an unnamed brown ale, an unrecognized grape wine (1.5 years old), and a fruit wine (apples, pears, peaches, oranges, and grapefruit) that I started a couple days ago.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." Albert Einstein
Pages (2):    1 2