Tony H   05-14-2011, 01:27 AM
I am about to let my geek flag fly, but I have been a Smallville fan since the first episode. I have seen every single episode and even though it pissed me off many times, they redeemed themselves with the series finale.

We had Clark finally fly, wear the suit, save the day and finally complete his journey in becoming the Man of Steel.

To top it all off the use of the John Williams theme at the end was an added treat that I was not expecting.

Aside from the lackluster fight with Darkseid and some poor CGI (Tom welling couldn't fit into the suit from "Superman Returns" so the scenes of Welling as Superman were all CGI.) the series finale was everything this fan could have wanted. This was a great way to end the series and reward the loyal fans for a decade of sticking with it.

Okay, I am turning my geek knob to off and thank you for allowing to to bask in nerd glory for a moment.

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
wdg3rd   05-14-2011, 11:32 AM
AsMoral Wrote:Aside from the lackluster fight with Darkseid and some poor CGI (Tom welling couldn't fit into the suit from "Superman Returns" so the scenes of Welling as Superman were all CGI.) the series finale was everything this fan could have wanted. This was a great way to end the series and reward the loyal fans for a decade of sticking with it.

I enjoyed it.

Not necessarily that Tom Welling couldn't fit into the suit, but he's sworn from Day One that he'd never wear it.

Ward Griffiths

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest". -- Denis Diderot
Mike Hanson   05-16-2011, 09:52 AM
AsMoral Wrote:I am about to let my geek flag fly, but I have been a Smallville fan since the first episode. I have seen every single episode and even though it pissed me off many times, they redeemed themselves with the series finale...

Hard to believe that ten years have passed since this show started.

Whenever I see any reference to Superman I always think of that issue of Mad Magazine in the 1970's that had the "Super-Dooper Man vs. Captain Marbles" comic strip story. Anybody else ever read/see that? Those of you of a certain age? ;-)
Sigokat   05-16-2011, 09:54 AM
Sorry, Tony, I tried watching this show, but just couldn't get in to it. I was never a big comic book/superhero fan as a kid, so that may be why. I enjoy watching all these superhero/X-Men movies but that's where it all ends.

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
Fenian1916   05-16-2011, 10:03 AM
It was the dumbest show ever and made me hate Superman even more than I already did

[SIZE=2]"There are many things more horrible than bloodshed; and slavery is one of them."
Padraig Pearse[/SIZE]
Tony H   05-17-2011, 09:57 AM
Fenian1916 Wrote:It was the dumbest show ever and made me hate Superman even more than I already did

I hate you.

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
Fenian1916   05-17-2011, 10:51 AM
I love you, in a 100%ly non gay way

[SIZE=2]"There are many things more horrible than bloodshed; and slavery is one of them."
Padraig Pearse[/SIZE]
Tony H   05-17-2011, 10:54 AM
Fenian1916 Wrote:I love you, in a 100%ly non gay way

LMFAO! I don't even know how to respond to that.

Certified 100% Serious