flyingfox   09-24-2010, 03:12 PM
I saw this film today, it was most enjoyable, there was a bit of a love story, and some revenge, I liked the revenge bit. The love story made me cry at one part. Awww. There is action and a good story, well filmed and directed. It is about robbing banks and things.
saynomore   09-25-2010, 05:35 AM
Damn good action film. Each robbery gets slicker and more gory till the big finale. However, the dialog was weird. Do people in Charlestown talk like that or is it Ben Affleck's direction of the movie that's to blame? "When my mom left us, I made posters--like when you lose your dog--to see if the neighbors could help me find her." What!?

AC
flyingfox   09-25-2010, 07:21 AM
That is a hell of a memory, I can quote from films too, but only after seeing them a few times and only stand out quotes, like your gonna need a bigger boat, lol.
johntfs   09-25-2010, 03:01 PM
saynomore Wrote:Damn good action film. Each robbery gets slicker and more gory till the big finale. However, the dialog was weird. Do people in Charlestown talk like that or is it Ben Affleck's direction of the movie that's to blame? "When my mom left us, I made posters--like when you lose your dog--to see if the neighbors could help me find her." What!?

AC

They probably really talk like that, to some extent, anyway. Affleck grew up in Boston and he's very familiar with its neighborhood and people - especially the lower-income areas. He brought the same degree of authenticity to Gone, Baby, Gone.

"The most dangerous man, to any government, is the man who is able to think things out for himself. Almost inevitably, he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane and intolerable." - H. L. Mencken
flyboy707   09-29-2010, 03:05 PM
flyingfox Wrote:I saw this film today, it was most enjoyable, there was a bit of a love story, and some revenge, I liked the revenge bit. The love story made me cry at one part. Awww. There is action and a good story, well filmed and directed. It is about robbing banks and things.

Yeah, not too bad of a movie. Somewhat different for an "action" / "drama" type movie.

Well worth the $$ to see; especially with all the junk that has come out the past year or so (two years??) Rolleyes

"There are two motives for reading a book: one, that you enjoy it; the other that you can boast about it."
Scott Miller   01-06-2011, 01:44 PM
flyingfox Wrote:I saw this film today, it was most enjoyable, there was a bit of a love story, and some revenge, I liked the revenge bit. The love story made me cry at one part. Awww. There is action and a good story, well filmed and directed. It is about robbing banks and things.

I thought the same; it felt as though it could really happen. There is something about Rebecca Hall, Claire, that I find incredibly alluring and I'll get flamed for saying so, but I like Affleck more than Matt Damon. He has made some terrible film choices and mailed in some performances but I think he rises to the occasion when acting in good movies.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels