saynomore   09-25-2010, 05:24 AM
Hey, I'm back. Got in this morning. Slept till four p.m. Then went to see Legends of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'hoole, the latest 3-D movie. Never read the books, but the trailers interested me: Seeks the legend only to become the legend he seeks. Cool.

Anyway... Great 3-D. Doesn't talk down to you as does Alpha/Omega, which has cool 3-D but pre-teen dialog.

Big surprise: There's a new Roadrunner/Coyote cartoon before the movie IN 3-D. Warner Bros.' cartoons are back. CGI, not traditional animation, but the spirit of the cartoon is there; they've captured the Coyote's gadgets in fine funny form.

Give this movie line-up an A. Well-done. I hope to see the Bugs, Daffy, Porky, et al very very soon.

AC
GeraldRice   09-27-2010, 11:51 AM
saynomore Wrote:Hey, I'm back. Got in this morning. Slept till four p.m. Then went to see Legends of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'hoole, the latest 3-D movie. Never read the books, but the trailers interested me: Seeks the legend only to become the legend he seeks. Cool.

Anyway... Great 3-D. Doesn't talk down to you as does Alpha/Omega, which has cool 3-D but pre-teen dialog.

Big surprise: There's a new Roadrunner/Coyote cartoon before the movie IN 3-D. Warner Bros.' cartoons are back. CGI, not traditional animation, but the spirit of the cartoon is there; they've captured the Coyote's gadgets in fine funny form.

Give this movie line-up an A. Well-done. I hope to see the Bugs, Daffy, Porky, et al very very soon.

AC

Thanks for the review. Might have to take the little one to go see this.

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.
“That stuff work?” Israel said to her.
“‘Scuse me?” the little old woman said, clutching her keys.
“The spray. Does it keep them away?”
“Keep who away?” She looked confused.
“I gotcha.” Israel gave her a conspiratorial wink.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
GeraldRice   09-27-2010, 11:52 AM
Is Alpha/Omega a Christian themed movie? I had 0 interest in seeing that. Not because of the potential religious aspect, but the story seemed awful and the animation looked subpar.

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.
“That stuff work?” Israel said to her.
“‘Scuse me?” the little old woman said, clutching her keys.
“The spray. Does it keep them away?”
“Keep who away?” She looked confused.
“I gotcha.” Israel gave her a conspiratorial wink.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
saynomore   09-28-2010, 04:37 AM
GeraldRice Wrote:Is Alpha/Omega a Christian themed movie? I had 0 interest in seeing that. Not because of the potential religious aspect, but the story seemed awful and the animation looked subpar.

No, it is not religious. It's about breaking tradition and trying new things. The alpha female from one pack must marry the alpha male from the other pack to unite the packs. The female and a male omega (a follower of the leader alpha) are captured by humans and released in a distant national park to repopulate the park. They travel back home. Big adventure. Funny side-kick ducks from Canada. Meanwhile, back home, the packs are getting ready for war because there is no marriage; and double-meanwhile, the alpha male is falling in love with the female alpha's sister (voiced and drawn to look like Christina Ricci).

The drawing is terrible. The wolves, but not the ducks, look like smudges. Strictly for the kids; adults, beware. I went for the 3-D. I wasn't disappointed, even as I grimaced at the juvenile dialog.

Hope that helps.

AC

Doing my part to push out the bots.
This post was last modified: 09-28-2010, 04:42 AM by saynomore.