saynomore   07-20-2010, 06:54 AM
Socerer's Apprentice--I wanted to like this movie so much, I don't know what happened. Maybe it was the shoddy editing. Many scenes just ended abruptly. Some characters just came and went. And there was no major character development. Our hero is the same guy from beginning to end, even though his cgi develops. Best scene that reminds one of its namesake: when our hero is late for a date, he conjures a spell on the brooms and mops to clean up the basement and then takes a shower, little knowing the entire room, from sponges to brooms to mops to electrical outlets have become animated and have started working chaotically to clean up. LOL. Too bad the rest of this live-action adaptation of the original animated feature didn't live up to that scene.

The Girl Who Played With Fire--Those of you who saw The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo can rejoice: Part Two of the Millenium Trilogy has arrived, and it's better than the original. Our hacker heroine is accused of murder. The journalist who befriends her must stay one step in front of the cops to solve the case before she is caught. A villain and his hengeman want her dead. And there's enough noir twists to make Chinatown look like a picnic. Only disappointment: Just as The Empire Strikes Back sets up Return of the Jedi, but is still the superior of the trilogy, TGWPWF sets up the final episode, The Girl Who Shook the Hornet's Nest. Man, I hope Part Three can live up to the first two parts.

Despicable Me--Yes, I knew this hardhearted villain was going to learn to love his adopted kids (the best scene is when he becomes protective of them from the carny folk), and I know The Minions were one-note sidekicks designed to sell toys and get cheap laughs. Well, I fought back tears at the end of the movie and I laughed long and hard thoughout the movie. Dr. Nefario nearly steals the movie. And I will be adding this predictably silly little gem to my dvd collection. Can't wait to see it all predictably unfold again.

AC

P.S. Hey, saynomore, that's sure alotta movies yur seeing these days. Yup, shor iz. And tomorrow I'll be seeing Cyrus and Snow Queen. Let ya know if they's any good. Where's the smiley with the raspberry when you need one?
This post was last modified: 07-20-2010, 07:08 AM by saynomore.
The Mad American   07-20-2010, 12:04 PM
Ah, I envy you. My wife and I used to get out to see a lot of movies. Then the kids came and now on the rare occasion we do make it out to see a movie it is to see a kid friendly family movie(not that that is necessarily a bad thing, but an adult movie sometimes would be nice).

Thank goodness for Netflix or I would never see adult themed movies.

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

colburn0004   07-20-2010, 12:48 PM
saynomore Wrote:The Girl Who Played With Fire--Those of you who saw The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo can rejoice: Part Two of the Millenium Trilogy has arrived, and it's better than the original. Our hacker heroine is accused of murder. The journalist who befriends her must stay one step in front of the cops to solve the case before she is caught. A villain and his hengeman want her dead. And there's enough noir twists to make Chinatown look like a picnic. Only disappointment: Just as The Empire Strikes Back sets up Return of the Jedi, but is still the superior of the trilogy, TGWPWF sets up the final episode, The Girl Who Shook the Hornet's Nest. Man, I hope Part Three can live up to the first two parts.

Despicable Me--Yes, I knew this hardhearted villain was going to learn to love his adopted kids (the best scene is when he becomes protective of them from the carny folk), and I know The Minions were one-note sidekicks designed to sell toys and get cheap laughs. Well, I fought back tears at the end of the movie and I laughed long and hard thoughout the movie. Dr. Nefario nearly steals the movie. And I will be adding this predictably silly little gem to my dvd collection. Can't wait to see it all predictably unfold again.

They made movies of his books already? Geesh I only read the first one, guess I have to track down the second and third.

I loved Dispicable me, it was predictable(which kid movie isn't?) but it was fun the whole time. The little girl with the "It's so FLUFFY" unicorn was so adorible and cute and even though it's in the trailer it's still cute when it's on the screen. Great fun movie.

Now I just need to see dang Inception.

"Sanity? Worthless things like that, I never had them for as long as I can remember!"
cobalt   07-20-2010, 02:14 PM
The Mad American Wrote:Ah, I envy you. My wife and I used to get out to see a lot of movies. Then the kids came and now on the rare occasion we do make it out to see a movie it is to see a kid friendly family movie(not that that is necessarily a bad thing, but an adult movie sometimes would be nice).

Thank goodness for Netflix or I would never see adult themed movies.

You need a date night, MadAm. Get a sitter.....and take your wife out. It doesn't have to be an expensive night out...what matters is it's just the 2 of you.

EWMAN
The Mad American   07-20-2010, 02:54 PM
cobalt79 Wrote:You need a date night, MadAm. Get a sitter.....and take your wife out. It doesn't have to be an expensive night out...what matters is it's just the 2 of you.

Yeah we keep talking about one but it never happens. Our 20 year anniversary is coming up, maybe we can make an effort to get out on a date night for that. Lol...what a sad life huh? Not really but it is kind of funny.

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

cobalt   07-20-2010, 02:58 PM
Make the time....you'll see....I'm right.

EWMAN