Scott Miller   04-10-2010, 03:46 PM
I'm not sure I had ever seen this before last night. I used to watch a martial arts theatre type of show on saturday mornings and I don't thinl I could name any of them by their title so it is a possible I had seen it before. Anyway, it is definitely better than the average chopsoki film. It has a decent plot and the fighting wasn't too outrageous but the real reason it stood out is Sonny Chiba as Terry Sugury. He is a total bad ass with his own sense of right and wrong. I believe that FPW is a fan and I could certainly see elements of RJ in Terry.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
t4terrific   04-10-2010, 05:32 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:I'm not sure I had ever seen this before last night. I used to watch a martial arts theatre type of show on saturday mornings and I don't thinl I could name any of them by their title so it is a possible I had seen it before. Anyway, it is definitely better than the average chopsoki film. It has a decent plot and the fighting wasn't too outrageous but the real reason it stood out is Sonny Chiba as Terry Sugury. He is a total bad ass with his own sense of right and wrong. I believe that FPW is a fan and I could certainly see elements of RJ in Terry.

It is one of my favorite "martial arts" films. I prefer Chiba to Bruce Lee. He just acts so cool and tough.
The Mad American   04-10-2010, 05:36 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:I'm not sure I had ever seen this before last night. I used to watch a martial arts theatre type of show on saturday mornings and I don't thinl I could name any of them by their title so it is a possible I had seen it before. Anyway, it is definitely better than the average chopsoki film. It has a decent plot and the fighting wasn't too outrageous but the real reason it stood out is Sonny Chiba as Terry Sugury. He is a total bad ass with his own sense of right and wrong. I believe that FPW is a fan and I could certainly see elements of RJ in Terry.

I really liked this movie too. I had forgotten about it until your post. May have to go search out a copy and rewatch it.

t4terrific Wrote:It is one of my favorite "martial arts" films. I prefer Chiba to Bruce Lee. He just acts so cool and tough.

Chiba is very cool but cooler than Bruce Lee? Really? I think you may have insulted my face, now we must fight the fight of street fighters!

I like Chiba a lot but Bruce Lee will always be my favorite, just me.

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

t4terrific   04-10-2010, 05:59 PM
The Mad American Wrote:I really liked this movie too. I had forgotten about it until your post. May have to go search out a copy and rewatch it.

Chiba is very cool but cooler than Bruce Lee? Really? I think you may have insulted my face, now we must fight the fight of street fighters!

I like Chiba a lot but Bruce Lee will always be my favorite, just me.

Bruce Lee was more suave, and prettier. Chiba is ugly, nasty, and mean. He didn't need to be wronged to be bad ass. He woke up bad ass in the morning! He'd whip some poor schmuck for the helluvit!Big Grin
The Mad American   04-10-2010, 06:02 PM
t4terrific Wrote:Bruce Lee was more suave, and prettier. Chiba is ugly, nasty, and mean. He didn't need to be wronged to be bad ass. He woke up bad ass in the morning! He'd whip some poor schmuck for the helluvit!Big Grin

You're right. I do have a man crush on Bruce Lee. Crap...now I need to find a very specific support group.

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

t4terrific   04-10-2010, 06:09 PM
The Mad American Wrote:You're right. I do have a man crush on Bruce Lee. Crap...now I need to find a very specific support group.

Well, since he's dead, you needn't worry about acting on your fantasies. Big Grin
So, you got that going for you, which is nice.