saynomore   10-07-2009, 04:16 AM
As someone who grew up on Roller Derby, I could appreciate Whip It more than most may. Drew Barrymore has made a great directorial debut. And I've found my companion piece for a double-feature with Ghost World. It's a coming of age flick, but it captures the spirit and details of Roller Derby so well that you get two flicks for one. I will be adding this movie to my dvd library.

AC
Srem   10-09-2009, 11:19 PM
saynomore Wrote:As someone who grew up on Roller Derby, I could appreciate Whip It more than most may. Drew Barrymore has made a great directorial debut. And I've found my companion piece for a double-feature with Ghost World. It's a coming of age flick, but it captures the spirit and details of Roller Derby so well that you get two flicks for one. I will be adding this movie to my dvd library.

AC

It looks good; I will definitely check it out.

[SIZE=4]§ґφ[/SIZE]җ

Witchbreed Book of Dreams
Scott Miller   01-31-2010, 01:44 PM
saynomore Wrote:As someone who grew up on Roller Derby, I could appreciate Whip It more than most may. Drew Barrymore has made a great directorial debut. And I've found my companion piece for a double-feature with Ghost World. It's a coming of age flick, but it captures the spirit and details of Roller Derby so well that you get two flicks for one. I will be adding this movie to my dvd library.

AC

I thoroughly enjoyed it. The acting was good, the script was smart, the music was great and I learned how to keep score. A dramedy with a lot of heart; I recommend it highly.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels