Pages (2):    1 2
KRW   01-01-2010, 10:46 PM
Auskar Wrote:and where did he get that name?.

Abe gave it to him and it stuck. The way I read the books Jack's not real happy about it either, but he does accept it.Smile
Jay #1   01-02-2010, 05:43 AM
I still enjoy the series

fpw Wrote:

Oh, and BTW - The Tomb hit the bestseller lists in 1984. "The Equalizer" started its run in 1985. Coincidence? I don't think so.
Maggers   01-09-2010, 02:26 PM
Ken Valentine Wrote:You don't know how glad I was to see Jack again.

When I saw Legacies I couldn't get home fast enough to start reading it.
Ken V.

Me, too, Ken!

I've been a fan of FPW since 1981 and THE KEEP. Wow, that's 29 years already, older than a good number of folks on this board. We should have a 30th anniversary party for THE KEEP next year. That would be a special GU, eh wot?

I jumped on LEGACIES when I saw it in the bookstores. I came late to the Adversary Cycle; I missed them when they were originally published. My collection of FPW exploded when I joined this website 5 years ago and began searching for all the out of print books Paul had written between THE KEEP and LEGACIES. I, for one, love the medical thrillers. Frankly, I pretty much love whatever FPW writes. He's a damn fine writer who has given me delicious anxiety attacks for 3 decades. No one else I know has done that, for which I think I need to say thank goodness. Big Grin I can only handle so much anxiety.

Now I'm collecting all the updated versions of the classics. I have been going through a HUGE purge in my tiny apartment, tossing out amazing amounts of things I had stuffed in this small space. But the one thing I would not part with is my collection of FPW books. The Organizer (yes in caps because she deserves that title) with whom I worked said, but there are duplicates here! I said, yes, and they stay.

OK, I digress, as usual...what's this thread about? How did RJ begin? Well, in the fervid often foetid imagination of THE MAN. Huzzah for that!

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Pages (2):    1 2