Karithna   12-18-2009, 09:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dadPWhEhVk

I like this! I don't think I've seen it posted, but I haven't been on for a week or two. It's better than the Norway Spiral Lights!

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." Albert Einstein
webby   12-24-2009, 01:52 PM
Karithna Wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dadPWhEhVk

I like this! I don't think I've seen it posted, but I haven't been on for a week or two. It's better than the Norway Spiral Lights!

The Panic Attack vid is awesome, especially considering that it cost under $500 to make. :eek:

It has also become a Cinderella story for its creator, Fede Alvarez...
[INDENT]Alvarez, a 30-year-old Uruguayan director, has just signed a deal to develop a film that will cost between $30 and $40 million with Ghost House Pictures, the production company created by Sam Raimi (director of the Spider-Man trilogy, The Evil Dead movies, and Drag Me To Hell). He was offered a chance at making a movie after Raimi saw Ataque De Pánico, a five-minute Youtube short film in which giant robots attack and destroy Montevideo, Uruguay.

Raimi’s Ghost House Pictures wasn’t the only production company interested in working with Alvarez. Executives from Dreamworks, Fox, Warner Bros, and The Weinstein Company contacted the Uruguayan, but in the end, he went with Raimi because he was promised entire creative control of his upcoming project.

(link)
[/INDENT]Cool

It's Thirteen O'Clock
-------------------------------------
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
-------------------------------------
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
bones weep tedium   12-28-2009, 09:00 AM
I had heard about this video and how te guy who made it was snapped up by Hollywood within days of it's Youtube appearance. I was surprised when I finally got to see the video how mundane it is. Aside from the robots appearing behind the bridge at the beginning of the film, there was nothing notable about it.

I think that Hollywood are grooming Blomkamp mk 2....? And whatever project this guy is given to direct will have a good opening simply down to the buzz created around the way he was signed. Whether it's any good or not is beside the point.

I accidentally dropped a load of worthless change in the street. I was going to just leave it there but a burly policeman lumbered towards me and said, "You'd better pick that up, son."

I hate coppers.

[Image: smile-test.gif]"DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH.
LIBERTY IS A WELL-ARMED LAMB CONTESTING THE VOTE."
t4terrific   12-28-2009, 12:07 PM
Very impressive video. I'd be interested to see the rest of the story. Were it a feature, I'd watch it.