flyingfox   10-23-2009, 06:39 AM
and it was marvellous, I can't wait to read By The Sword next. I have been a keen follower of RJ for a long time and read all the books in order, but always with a gap between them, in which other authors' books would fit, but as I had a backlog of RJ I decided to read one after the other for the last 3 books, and will now read the next 2, and eagerly await the next and sadly last 2.

By the Sword appears, from the backpage of it to have the same people in it, well Hank anyway, I think this is the 1st time a "villain" has crossed books, apart from RBig Grin. Who's the old man outside J's window, I wonder Idea

Can't wait to get the new Nightworld when it comes out.... I read the original years ago when it first came out, my first intro to RJ...

I wanted to thank Paul personally for a great series of books, hi Paul, thought I would drop by and see what the forum is all about:thumbsup:.

Anyway, best go and make myself useful, but I will be back to say hi again...
Kenji   10-23-2009, 09:39 AM
flyingfox Wrote:and it was marvellous, I can't wait to read By The Sword next. I have been a keen follower of RJ for a long time and read all the books in order, but always with a gap between them, in which other authors' books would fit, but as I had a backlog of RJ I decided to read one after the other for the last 3 books, and will now read the next 2, and eagerly await the next and sadly last 2.

By the Sword appears, from the backpage of it to have the same people in it, well Hank anyway, I think this is the 1st time a "villain" has crossed books, apart from RBig Grin. Who's the old man outside J's window, I wonder Idea

Can't wait to get the new Nightworld when it comes out.... I read the original years ago when it first came out, my first intro to RJ...

I wanted to thank Paul personally for a great series of books, hi Paul, thought I would drop by and see what the forum is all about:thumbsup:.

Anyway, best go and make myself useful, but I will be back to say hi again...

Hi there! Welcome to the board, Flyingfox.

BY THE SWORD is great-and-powerful story. I assure you'll enjoy it.

But before you read it, if you haven't read Black Wind yet I recommend to read it. You'll get enjoyment more from BY THE SWORD. Big Grin
cobalt   10-23-2009, 09:46 AM
Welcome Flyingfox.
I second Kenji's recommendation...Blackwind alone is a fantastic story. But it will only help you enjoy By The Sword even more.

EWMAN
flyingfox   10-26-2009, 07:05 PM
I did read Black Wind, but quite a while ago, it was very good. I noticed the reference in by the sword when legless monks were mentioned... are any of the characters early in the book related to Black Wind? It is too long since I read it to remember any names!
Brian   10-26-2009, 07:12 PM
BTW, welcome to the board.

There is no wise man without fault
flyingfox   10-26-2009, 07:22 PM
Brian Wrote:BTW, welcome to the board.
Thanks for welcome, I just realised the legless monk thing - re my wife and a loss of a legWink

Edit - BTW, is it unusual for an author to have a forum and "run" it himself? I think it is great where people can chat about things. Just think if RJ does go to film then Mr Winslow will be far to high and mighty to fun a trifling forum hehehehehehehehehehehehe
This post was last modified: 10-26-2009, 07:26 PM by flyingfox.
Ken Valentine   10-27-2009, 02:03 AM
flyingfox Wrote:I did read Black Wind, but quite a while ago, it was very good. I noticed the reference in by the sword when legless monks were mentioned... are any of the characters early in the book related to Black Wind? It is too long since I read it to remember any names!
Most definitely!

Spoilers follow!

[SPOILER]"Slater" is the descendent of the character in Blackwind, and Blackwind also mentions that the Katana was commissioned centuries ago by a "gaijin." In By The Sword, we find out that the gaigin was Glaeken.[/SPOILER]

Ken V.