Pages (3):    1 2 3
Brian   07-26-2009, 11:22 AM
Noelie Wrote:Wow Brian... lol. Why don't you tell us how you really feel about Harry Potter? LOL

Harry fucking Potter. One of the ex-wife psycho bitch's obsessions. I'm sure she's seen it 5 times by now. Maybe she'll choke on her popcorn, there's always that to hope for.

There is no wise man without fault
Noelie   07-26-2009, 12:31 PM
Brian Wrote:Harry fucking Potter. One of the ex-wife psycho bitch's obsessions. I'm sure she's seen it 5 times by now. Maybe she'll choke on her popcorn, there's always that to hope for.
Oh! Now it makes more sense! Sorry. Sad

How many vikings does it take to change a light bulb?

None. The light from the burning monastery is more than sufficient.

May the Norse be with you.

EWMAN, Jr.
cobalt   07-26-2009, 04:27 PM
My DIL, soon to be DIL and I just returned from the new Harry Potter film. Not the best one yet but it follows the story pretty true to form. I enjoyed the movie. It kept us entertained....all that you really ask of a movie...nu?

EWMAN
Sigokat   07-26-2009, 05:33 PM
Brian Wrote:Harry fucking Potter. One of the ex-wife psycho bitch's obsessions. I'm sure she's seen it 5 times by now. Maybe she'll choke on her popcorn, there's always that to hope for.

Brian, So you openly admit that you let your ex-wife possess some hold over you? You do not want to see a series of movies because of her? IMO, that's pretty lame.

As far as the movie, I thought it was good. It was definitely slow and two people I was with did leave (but they have short attention spans to begin with so bleh), but I didn't think that it was that bad at all.

I also agree with the other poster that said you don't HAVE to have read the books to follow along. Saying we would have been so lost is almost an insult to those of us who have only followed Harry Potter through the movies and not the books. I followed along just fine with this movie and I look forward to the next one as well (which is the last I assume?)

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
Brian   07-26-2009, 07:27 PM
sigokat Wrote:Brian, So you openly admit that you let your ex-wife possess some hold over you? You do not want to see a series of movies because of her? IMO, that's pretty lame.

Nah, I used to say Harry fucking Potter to piss her off.
She was crazy for everything related to the books and then the movies. I'd go see the movie once with her. When she wanted to see it four and five times, I'd pass on that. That would piss her off too. Big Grin
I'll watch the movie when it comes to cable. I understand the movie was alright, it just wasn't something that interested me.

Her choking on her popcorn was just for GP, because she's truly psycho bitch. :out:

There is no wise man without fault
Aprilis   07-26-2009, 09:12 PM
sigokat Wrote: I look forward to the next one as well (which is the last I assume?)

the last book will be 2 movies

The world is full of idiots ... It's up to you to not be one of them.
noturbizniss   07-27-2009, 03:24 PM
saynomore Wrote:That was the longest trailer I have ever seen. The other movies, all which I own on dvd, are pretty much self-contained stories, but this new one--whew!! I haven't read any of the books, but I can tell you that I know what's coming thanks to this new movie. It wore its plot devices on its sleeve. Dumbledore isn't dead, Snape is a double agent, and Malfoy turns good guy; plus throw in that half of Harry's friends die from that inadvertent spoiler from the Last of Jack thread, and you can pretty much see what's coming in the next flick. I'd compare HBP to Empire Strikes Back in structure, you know, a cliffhanger, but this movie is all media res: no beginning or ending: all middle.

AC

P.S. But I liked it very much. Don't get me wrong here. For the first time I am tempted to read the last three books in the series. Any recommendations?

FYI - You are completely wrong on 2 out of the 4 points/predictions you made, and at least partially wrong on a third.

As far as reading the books, If you read books 5 through 7 you'd be in good shape. The books definitely do explain some things that aren't in the movie - like in the 5th, there is no explanation in the movie about the meaning of the prpohecy and how it in fact changed Harry's life.
antony123   08-05-2009, 03:09 AM
Love Harry Potter,I had read all of the books,but the movie isn't as good as I expected.Sad

Let's talk about movies and tv shows.
Srem   08-08-2009, 08:22 PM
I'm not a big Harry Potter fan, but I thought the previous movies were ok.

I think I have a short attention span, because I fell asleep half way through The Half-Blood Prince.:o

[SIZE=4]§ґφ[/SIZE]җ

Witchbreed Book of Dreams
links03rjean   10-31-2009, 01:56 AM
i never got the chance to watch this movie...am a fan of the harry potter series and i watched the all the movie series except of this one...am planning to watch this online...Big Grin
Pages (3):    1 2 3