Pages (3): 1 2 3   
Brian   10-03-2009, 01:40 AM
Not a Shaun of the Dead, but funny in it's own right. We laughed at the jokes and the dispatching of the zombies.
Four very unlikely humans left after a [SPOILER]plague of mad cow disease[/SPOILER] banded together on an epic road trip. Each searching for that "something" they need and of course for the zombie free zone.
One of the best zombies in a cameo had us rolling and Columbus' rules have a purpose and were practical to say the least.
Worthy of your admission price, I'll buy it when it's available for purchase.

"Time to nut up, or shut up" Yeah, worthy. Big Grin

There is no wise man without fault
Medusa   10-03-2009, 12:50 PM
We're planning to go see this tonight!

Veronica
http://s180.photobucket.com/albums/x41/Medusa-Warthog/
The Snake Lady from Texas!
cobalt   10-03-2009, 12:53 PM
You'll enjoy it. We laughed at it and there are a few scenes that epitomize a teenage boy so well. Big Grin

EWMAN
Medusa   10-04-2009, 12:16 PM
OMG! It was so funny! I haven't laughed like that in a long time! I want to see it again.

Veronica
http://s180.photobucket.com/albums/x41/Medusa-Warthog/
The Snake Lady from Texas!
saynomore   10-07-2009, 04:47 AM
I loved the way it slipped from bathos to pathos and back again with seamless ease. Woody's scene about the loss of his "puppy" was heart-rending, then he says, "I haven't wept that hard since [the movie] Titanic" and proceeds to wipe his tears with hundred dollar bills. Sad and funny. Great scene. Lots of great scenes. Ultimately, this is a story of loners learning to connect with others in an environment where trust can get you killed. And that finale has to be seen to be believed. Adding this one to my dvd collection. Can't wait to see the extras on the dvd.

AC

P.S. I'm iffy about a sequel, but......if they do it right....hmmmm.....
t4terrific   10-12-2009, 02:01 PM
I loved this movie. I was hooked from the beginning and thrilled throughout. It had plenty of laughs and some really cool stuff too.

This is my favorite new film since Gran Torino. I may see it again this week. I'll definitely buy it.

I liked it more than Shaun of the Dead, which was really good too.
This post was last modified: 10-12-2009, 04:16 PM by t4terrific.
Legion   10-12-2009, 02:32 PM
t4terrific Wrote:I loved this movie. I was hooked from the beginning and thrilled throughout. It had plenty of laughs and some really cool stuff too.

This is my favorite new film since Gran Torino. I may see it again this week. I'll definitely buy it.

I liked it more than Shawn of the Dead, which was really good too.

Its definitely made it's way into my top five list. I've seen it twice in theaters and now have it on my iPod.

Honestly, I think Tallahassee would kick Ash's (from evil dead and AoD) butt. I said that to a friend of mine and he couldn't believe it, considering I almost named my kid Ash. ( Yes I am that big of a geek).

[Image: hope.jpg]

Guns Don't Kill People, ATF Agents Do!
Bluesman Mike Lindner   10-12-2009, 03:50 PM
saynomore Wrote:I loved the way it slipped from bathos to pathos and back again with seamless ease. Woody's scene about the loss of his "puppy" was heart-rending, then he says, "I haven't wept that hard since [the movie] Titanic" and proceeds to wipe his tears with hundred dollar bills. Sad and funny. Great scene. Lots of great scenes. Ultimately, this is a story of loners learning to connect with others in an environment where trust can get you killed. And that finale has to be seen to be believed. Adding this one to my dvd collection. Can't wait to see the extras on the dvd.

AC

P.S. I'm iffy about a sequel, but......if they do it right....hmmmm.....

Sounds like a Great Lost Springsteen song.

Down...in...Zombie....LAND
Sigokat   10-13-2009, 03:32 PM
Thinking of going to see this over the coming weekend. I've heard nothing but good reviews and I guess I can stsomach Woody Harrelson for a few hours if the movie is worth it.

Legion, I thought your kid was named Rome?

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
Tony H   10-13-2009, 05:41 PM
sigokat Wrote:Thinking of going to see this over the coming weekend. I've heard nothing but good reviews and I guess I can stsomach Woody Harrelson for a few hours if the movie is worth it.

Legion, I thought your kid was named Rome?

His kid is named Rome. He said he *almost* named his kid Ash.

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
Pages (3): 1 2 3