Pages (9):    1 5 6 7 8 9   
Ken Valentine   03-09-2010, 01:14 AM
ccosborne3 Wrote:I hated this movie.

By the way, this isn't a "see I'm different because I didn't like something everyone else liked" type of statement. It reaaaaaalllly sucked something awful and anyone who posted that it was "wondorous" reaaaallllly shouldn't be trusted for a fair review.

Please don't try to tell me different.
You seem to be trying to turn this into a matter of right and wrong . . . it isn't! It's a matter of taste, nothing more, nothing less.

Some people liked it, you hate it, and I'm just not interested in it.

That's all there is to it.

Ken V.
KRW   03-09-2010, 06:47 PM
ccosborne3 Wrote:I hated this movie.

No redeeming qualities to it whatsoever. How it could ever be nominated for an Academy Award I'll never know. Another glossy soulless piece of crap. No originality. I was rooting for the humans to wipe out the giant blue elongated Smurfs the whole time.

By the way, this isn't a "see I'm different because I didn't like something everyone else liked" type of statement. It reaaaaaalllly sucked something awful and anyone who posted that it was "wondorous" reaaaallllly shouldn't be trusted for a fair review.

The emperor has no clothes and you can see his little wing-wong shimmying in the breeze. Please don't try to tell me different.

Tell us how you really feel Chris!!

Honestly, I haven't seen it. But I'd be curious to hear exactly what was so awful about it when it has spawned so many positive reviews and generated over 2 billion dollars worldwide. If it's as bad as you say, I may just check it out.
Tony H   03-09-2010, 06:51 PM
KRW Wrote:Tell us how you really feel Chris!!

Honestly, I haven't seen it. But I'd be curious to hear exactly what was so awful about it when it has spawned so many positive reviews and generated over 2 billion dollars worldwide. If it's as bad as you say, I may just check it out.

I thought the movie was self-indulgent and pretentious. Visually stunning drivel is what it boils down to. I would have been horrified if it won best picture.

But that is just my opinion.

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
Brian   03-09-2010, 07:09 PM
I appreciated the CGI and in 3D, I was impressed with that. But the story was weak as far as I'm concerned.
Either you liked it or hated it. What's the deal?

There is no wise man without fault
The Mad American   03-09-2010, 07:09 PM
AsMoral Wrote:I thought the movie was self-indulgent and pretentious. Visually stunning drivel is what it boils down to. I would have been horrified if it won best picture.

But that is just my opinion.

Noted, now go to the apology thread and apologize for having an opinion. But yeah I would have been horrified if "Dances with Smurfs" had won as well. Although I enjoyed the movie for its mindless, visually stunning content.

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

Brian   03-09-2010, 07:13 PM
Dances With Smurfs, LOL. I think I called it Dances With Wolves in Space. Big Grin

There is no wise man without fault
The Mad American   03-09-2010, 07:22 PM
Brian Wrote:Dances With Smurfs, LOL. I think I called it Dances With Wolves in Space. Big Grin

Wish I could take credit for that but I saw it somewhere else, can't remember where but somewhere. Thought it was funny and fitting though.

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

ccosborne3   03-09-2010, 10:19 PM
Ken Valentine Wrote:You seem to be trying to turn this into a matter of right and wrong . . . it isn't! It's a matter of taste, nothing more, nothing less.

Some people liked it, you hate it, and I'm just not interested in it.

That's all there is to it.

Ken V.

Allrighty, point taken Mr V. I can see I was a little insulting to those that enjoyed the movie. No offense intended, everyone has a right to an opinion. Though anyone that liked this movie is a fucking idiot.

Sorry, just couldn't resist Big Grin.

I usually love the big popcorn pics for the escape value. I liked Star Trek and I liked Batman. I'm generally on board for mindless. If I had to do this one over again, I would have walked out. After about twenty minutes I was ready to hit the road. Should have done it. I kept thinking it must get better. It never did.
Kenji   03-10-2010, 09:13 AM
ccosborne3 Wrote:Allrighty, point taken Mr V. I can see I was a little insulting to those that enjoyed the movie. No offense intended, everyone has a right to an opinion. Though anyone that liked this movie is a fucking idiot.

Sorry, just couldn't resist Big Grin.

I usually love the big popcorn pics for the escape value. I liked Star Trek and I liked Batman. I'm generally on board for mindless. If I had to do this one over again, I would have walked out. After about twenty minutes I was ready to hit the road. Should have done it. I kept thinking it must get better. It never did.

Oh?! So you call me "fucking idiot"...? Yeah, maybe. :p Big Grin I liked this movie whatever you say.
ccosborne3   03-10-2010, 09:44 AM
Kenji Wrote:Oh?! So you call me "fucking idiot"...? Yeah, maybe. :p Big Grin I liked this movie whatever you say.

There's an apology thread now. I can pretty much do or say anything I want and expect no repurcussions whatsoever. Sure, the odds of me ever going in there and actually apologizing for something are pretty fucking slim but the possibility certainly exists! It could happen! Just don't bet any Yen on it.

It's very liberating.

I have two official friends on this board, one of them is the Kenjster! I know this.
Pages (9):    1 5 6 7 8 9