Scott Miller   05-31-2009, 11:16 AM
I took my daughter to see Up yesterday without really knowing what it was about beyond that a house with a crotchety old man and a young boy scout floats away with the aid of some helium balloons and neither will you unless you have more info that what I'm about to impart. It is, of course, fabulous looking and one of the more unique stories I've seen in awhile. It's not as funny as most of Pixar's films but there is humor along with plenty of adventure, drama and a touching love story. Not Pixar's best, but I liked it more than either Cars or Ratatouille, so a big thumbs Up from me.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Karithna   05-31-2009, 12:02 PM
I know I'll see it anyway. My children will hound me until it is added to my dvd collection. Thanx for the heads up.

Big Grin

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." Albert Einstein
Silverfish   05-31-2009, 01:57 PM
I wasn't going to pay theatre price for it, but I will see it.

Stephanie

Abe's raised eyebrows caused furrows in his extended forehead. "Five in twelve hours?"
"Oh, and like you've never had a cranky day?"
Bluesman Mike Lindner   05-31-2009, 07:30 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:I took my daughter to see Up yesterday without really knowing what it was about beyond that a house with a crotchety old man and a young boy scout floats away with the aid of some helium balloons and neither will you unless you have more info that what I'm about to impart. It is, of course, fabulous looking and one of the more unique stories I've seen in awhile. It's not as funny as most of Pixar's films but there is humor along with plenty of adventure, drama and a touching love story. Not Pixar's best, but I liked it more than either Cars or Ratatouille, so a big thumbs Up from me.

Both the NY POST and DAILY NEWS reviewers said the animation was astoundning. And both gave it 5 stars.
Tony H   06-02-2009, 05:26 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Both the NY POST and DAILY NEWS reviewers said the animation was astoundning. And both gave it 5 stars.

The film was funny and touching, but SERIOUSLY lacked any impressive 3D. I know they didn't want to be gimmicky and have stuff flying at the TV, but the depth wasn't even there.

with that said, see the 2D print and save the extra bucks.

The film is worth seeing in the theater. The dog with the broken voice collar cracked me up so much, I am laughing now just thinking about it.

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
Atomsk   06-02-2009, 07:21 PM
yeah, that dog looks pretty damn funny. especially the part where the kid is going through the language settings :lol: