Pages (4):    1 2 3 4
Analog   03-30-2009, 12:04 AM
I am so insanely excited for Sherlock Holmes that I don't know what to do with myself. I hope that just maybe we'll finally have an actor that might be able to do the character justice.
Sigokat   03-30-2009, 08:38 AM
Analog Wrote:I am so insanely excited for Sherlock Holmes that I don't know what to do with myself. I hope that just maybe we'll finally have an actor that might be able to do the character justice.

Analog, welcome to the board.

What do you think of Jeremy Brett's portrayal of Holmes? Many people, myself included, consider Brett's work with Granada was the closest anyone has ever gotten and perhaps ever will to interpreting Doyle's famous detective from the written word to the screen (television in this case lol) I personally love Brett as Holmes and can no longer imagine someone else portraying him, especially Robert Downey Jr.

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
Fenian1916   03-30-2009, 10:03 AM
What about Basil Rathbone? I liked his Holmes a lot. Robert Downey should work if they play up Holmes' drug use I guess.

[SIZE=2]"There are many things more horrible than bloodshed; and slavery is one of them."
Padraig Pearse[/SIZE]
Sigokat   03-30-2009, 10:14 AM
Rathbone was good, but Brett's portrayal and the actual episodes were truer to canon than any other version out there.

Downey's used to snorting coke LOL. I don't think he shoots up a like Holmes did

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
Pages (4):    1 2 3 4