Pages (2):    1 2
Ken Valentine   02-17-2009, 10:19 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Gerald, I gotta ask: after =40= years, are 2 guys gonna =remember=, much less recognize, each other?
Quite often . . . yes.

Before I got a computer, I called Camp Pendelton to ask if there was someone who knew if there was a regimental historian for the Ninth Marines.

The individual I talked to didn't know of anyone, but he gave me the phone number of a retired Lieutenant Colonel, (Chester Farmer) who was living in San Diego.

I called him and introduced myself, asking him about a Regimental Historian. He said he didn't know of one, and then asked if I was related to Audrey Valentine. I told him I was his son, and he said, "I remember your dad! I was the platoon sargent of the mortar platoon he was in."

He gave me the phone number of a man in Louisiana. When I called him and told him who I was, he said, "Lieutenant Lightsey told me that your father was dead! I was the one who took his place when he was hit!"

I gave him my dad's phone number, and I gather that he and dad spent a few hours on the phone together.

So, yeah, people do remember.

Ken V.
GeraldRice   02-18-2009, 10:28 AM
Thanks, Ken.

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.
“That stuff work?” Israel said to her.
“‘Scuse me?” the little old woman said, clutching her keys.
“The spray. Does it keep them away?”
“Keep who away?” She looked confused.
“I gotcha.” Israel gave her a conspiratorial wink.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
Pages (2):    1 2