Pages (2): 1 2   
Kenji   02-07-2009, 05:58 AM
David Fincher is best known for "Seven" and "Fight Club." Both movies were very harsh and brutal. But once Robert Zemekis made wonderful movie, "Forrest Gump", and now David Fincher made fantastic film.

That's "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button".

Today I saw this movie, and I really enjoyed it. I highly recommend this to all of you. Everything were excellent. Acting, story and dialogues, camera-angles, music, set-decorations...especially, Cate Blanchett 's acting was her best.

* * * * * Spoilers * * * * *

Benjamin Button was [SPOILER]born in 80-year-old's body, and he died 0-year-old's body. Even if his life was different than other people, it's also "life", after all. I thought his life was wonderful.[/SPOILER]
bones weep tedium   02-07-2009, 10:02 AM
Cheers for the reccomendation and cheers for the spoiler - I was wondering what this film was about, but nobody seems to know. I guess they want to keep it as secret as possible. :dontknow: I was hoping for another Fight Club/Seven when I saw Brad Pitt and David Fincher named on a poster, but I guess I'll give it a shot.

You mentioned Forrest Gump - is this Benjamin Button film one for the Mums to enjoy? :confused:

I accidentally dropped a load of worthless change in the street. I was going to just leave it there but a burly policeman lumbered towards me and said, "You'd better pick that up, son."

I hate coppers.

[Image: smile-test.gif]"DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH.
LIBERTY IS A WELL-ARMED LAMB CONTESTING THE VOTE."
Kenji   02-07-2009, 10:13 AM
bones weep tedium Wrote:You mentioned Forrest Gump - is this Benjamin Button film one for the Mums to enjoy? :confused:

Well, both of "Forrest Gump" and "Benjamin Button" were adapted by Eric Roth.
IanSF   02-07-2009, 07:22 PM
bones weep tedium Wrote:I was hoping for another Fight Club/Seven when I saw Brad Pitt and David Fincher named on a poster, but I guess I'll give it a shot.

You mentioned Forrest Gump - is this Benjamin Button film one for the Mums to enjoy? :confused:
I think you could safely categorise this as a 'feelgood' movie, along the lines of Forrest Gump.
GeraldRice   02-09-2009, 09:27 AM
I want to see it, but I know there's no way my wife's sitting still for a 3 hour movie. I'll just put it in my queue.

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.
“That stuff work?” Israel said to her.
“‘Scuse me?” the little old woman said, clutching her keys.
“The spray. Does it keep them away?”
“Keep who away?” She looked confused.
“I gotcha.” Israel gave her a conspiratorial wink.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
cobalt   06-07-2009, 12:21 AM
I finally saw this movie. Funny...sad...poignant...yeah all of that. A love that flows through the years. Improbable in spots....but really well done and narrated.

Best line in the movie.......Absolutely.

EWMAN
t4terrific   06-09-2009, 01:41 PM
SPOILERS!!!

It felt a little like Forest Gump to me too. It was an engaging and touching film.

My main complaints were how they differed. Forest didn't abandon Jenny when he faced the prospects of being an unfit father. He did all he could to raise his son, and give him the love that every child should have. I felt it was a little too cold for Benjamin to abandon his wife and child the way he did.
cobalt   06-09-2009, 01:56 PM
*****Spoiler*****

And just the thing Benjamin didn't want...to be taken care of by his wife as he "degenerated" ....was exactly what happened.

EWMAN
Scott Miller   06-12-2009, 10:59 AM
Another movie that didn't work for me; it took way too long to get going and I didn't find it funny at all.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Brian   06-12-2009, 08:17 PM
I didn't like this one at all. Way too many improbabilities.

There is no wise man without fault
Pages (2): 1 2