Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6   
Marc   01-14-2009, 11:00 AM
Bacardi Jim Wrote:I was aware that there was a later revision, but I was under the impression (and perhaps I am mistaken) that it was only available as one of the outrageously expensive publications from Borderland. And in By the Sword, FPW states that there will be a new "heavily revised" version of the book. (I think he mentioned this in Bloodlines too.)

The version Paul is talking about in By the Sword is indeed the Borderlands Edition. He has stated that it will be made available in a mass edition after the last RJ book comes out.
Bacardi Jim   01-14-2009, 03:52 PM
Thanks for clearing that up, Marc. Smile
Dave F   01-14-2009, 08:16 PM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/F-Paul-Wilson-SIGN...240%3A1318

You might get a bargain

Limited Nightworld - was only $19 when I last checked

The artist formally known as Britfan
Silverfish   01-14-2009, 09:09 PM
BJ, yes it's true that many here have read Nightworld, but I am not one of them. While many started with the AC years ago, I started with RJ, and as such have decided to read in chronological order. The AC will fill in the backstory for me, but RJ is my primary focus, because of where in the Secret History I started reading. So you see, I am looking forward to Nightworld, [spoiler]as the end of the world.[/spoiler] Having a previously published Nightworld does not dimish my enjoyment of the series one bit.

I trust Paul to connect everything together. I know I will not be disappointed. Smile He's never let me, and us his readers, down.

Welcome.

Stephanie

Abe's raised eyebrows caused furrows in his extended forehead. "Five in twelve hours?"
"Oh, and like you've never had a cranky day?"
Libby   01-14-2009, 10:54 PM
Welcome! I have not read Nightworld yet, but it sounds good! My favorite part about the RJ series is RJ himself. He is SOOO cool that the faults don't matter to me.Big GrinBig Grin

"Lord, what fools these mortals be"

"The opposite of war isn't peace; it's creation."

You'd think that Killing people would make them like you, but it doesn't! it just makes people dead.
Bacardi Jim   01-14-2009, 11:23 PM
Silverfish Wrote:BJ, yes it's true that many here have read Nightworld, but I am not one of them. While many started with the AC years ago, I started with RJ, and as such have decided to read in chronological order. The AC will fill in the backstory for me, but RJ is my primary focus, because of where in the Secret History I started reading. So you see, I am looking forward to Nightworld, [spoiler]as the end of the world.[/spoiler] Having a previously published Nightworld does not dimish my enjoyment of the series one bit.

I trust Paul to connect everything together. I know I will not be disappointed. Smile He's never let me, and us his readers, down.

Welcome.

Stephanie
I was wondering earlier, about the existence of a spoiler tag here. Is it {spoiler} {/spoiler}, only with the real brackets?
cobalt   01-14-2009, 11:47 PM
Bacardi Jim Wrote:I was wondering earlier, about the existence of a spoiler tag here. Is it {spoiler} {/spoiler}, only with the real brackets?
When you post a reply....look to the far right at the top of the reply box. Click on the box that says Spoil. Spoiler brackets will appear. Type what is to be blacked out in them.

EWMAN
Bacardi Jim   01-15-2009, 03:48 AM
Ummmm.... I am looking, and don't see what you're talking about. But then, I'm using the QuickReply box.

[spoiler]test[/spoiler]

However, I figured it out. Works like I guessed it did. Wink
colburn0004   01-16-2009, 01:31 AM
AlvinFox Wrote:*makes the "jack off" gesture*

Sorry, couldn't help myself. Welcome Bacardi!

HAHA

I kinda thought the P Frank Winslow aspect was in a way just adding another ripple in the pool for jack. On top of all the things he has to deal with and hearing there are no more coincidences he now has to deal with a guy having dreams about him. And hey why not sort of be FPW if that's how he came about in the first place. In king's instance I almost saw it as a self masturbation as he wrote it more as he was writing into existence or writing himself as a god(in a sence)

"Sanity? Worthless things like that, I never had them for as long as I can remember!"
bones weep tedium   01-16-2009, 07:49 AM
Bacardi Jim Wrote:By my last count, you now have at least seven different players involved in the Nightworld-Endgame. There's this unborn baby--that means everything... even though we know it doesn't. (Cuz we've all read Nightworld and we know it comes down to a showdown between Glaeken and another Rasalom-rebirth/empowerment.) Septimus. Kickers. Kaze. Dormentalists. Kakureta Kao. The Katana that means nothing because we already know the source-metal for the Sword... The Lady... you have, over the last few years, made them all important in the final scenario... when you already had a perfectly crafted final scenario!

I admire you greatly as an author. But do you truly believe that you can somehow wrap all this together and write a better version of Nightworld when the time comes with all these disparate, random (though fascinating) threads out there?

I just don't get it. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

This.

Stop flogging the RJ horse and write a new story. I read Adversary Cycle, then all the RJ books and then Black Wind. I hadnt really appreciated the declining quality of the RJ books until I contrasted them with Black Wind.

Sad

I accidentally dropped a load of worthless change in the street. I was going to just leave it there but a burly policeman lumbered towards me and said, "You'd better pick that up, son."

I hate coppers.

[Image: smile-test.gif]"DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH.
LIBERTY IS A WELL-ARMED LAMB CONTESTING THE VOTE."
Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6