Dave F   01-10-2009, 09:34 AM
Stumbled across this today

If you are a fan of spoofs or conspiracy theory it may be of interest

In 1977 a UK documentary series Science Report was being decomissioned

So as a final episode they decided to do a spoof story using the same reporter as the genuine editions

It was due to be broadcast on April fools day - but got delayed

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=OE79kXzxNB...42&index=0

Anglia TV later revealed the program was a hoax (or was it!)

The artist formally known as Britfan
Ken Valentine   01-10-2009, 07:56 PM
Britfan Wrote:Anglia TV later revealed the program was a hoax (or was it!)
Hoo nose. It wouldn't be the first time the BBC had made a "documentary" which was a hoax.

I remember seeing a BBC film which was made in the mid '60's, and was presented as a documentary. It showed the harvesting of spaghetti in Italy. That's right, people in Italy going out into the orchards and picking spaghetti noodles from the trees and drying them on racks in the sun.

Ken V.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   01-11-2009, 04:39 PM
Britfan Wrote:Stumbled across this today

If you are a fan of spoofs or conspiracy theory it may be of interest

In 1977 a UK documentary series Science Report was being decomissioned

So as a final episode they decided to do a spoof story using the same reporter as the genuine editions

It was due to be broadcast on April fools day - but got delayed

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=OE79kXzxNB...42&index=0

Anglia TV later revealed the program was a hoax (or was it!)

Seem to recall that, Dave. It's been a long time, but wasn't one of the revelations revealed, there's a human colony on Mars?:eek6:
Dave F   01-14-2009, 05:40 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Seem to recall that, Dave. It's been a long time, but wasn't one of the revelations revealed, there's a human colony on Mars?:eek6:

It was indeed, the premise was the world is on the verge of a climatic catastrophe and the intelectual elite were building a colony on Mars for the rich and powerful.

The artist formally known as Britfan
Bluesman Mike Lindner   01-18-2009, 08:26 PM
Britfan Wrote:It was indeed, the premise was the world is on the verge of a climatic catastrophe and the intelectual elite were building a colony on Mars for the rich and powerful.

Damn! I guess my invitation must have been lost in the mail. That durn US Postal Service sure has gone downhill since I left...:ooh: