bbarker   12-09-2008, 07:50 AM
First time poster, long time Jack follower. Has anybody purchased a copy of Nightworld through Borderland Press? I saw that FPW updated the book, but has any of the story been slightly changed at all? I read the story a few years back and would purchase the book right now if the story has been tweaked in a few spots. If there was no minor/major changes, I could wait till it is mass produced in a few years (hopefully about ten years because FPW changed his mind and will somehow add a few more Jack stories (Pleasssse)).
cobalt   12-09-2008, 08:54 AM
Welcome to the board bbarker. Yes, Nightworld has been revised. I believe by8,000 words if my memory serves me well. I have read both and enjoyed both versions. Personally, I like the revised version best.

EWMAN
Marc   12-09-2008, 01:44 PM
Welcome to the board. Only minor changes were made. Jack's involvement (as well as Gia, Vicky and Abe) have been boosted slightly, the inconsistencies of Jack not knowing what is happening and things that dated the novel. The story is the same though.
Ken Valentine   12-09-2008, 05:33 PM
bbarker Wrote:First time poster, long time Jack follower. Has anybody purchased a copy of Nightworld through Borderland Press? I saw that FPW updated the book, but has any of the story been slightly changed at all? I read the story a few years back and would purchase the book right now if the story has been tweaked in a few spots. If there was no minor/major changes, I could wait till it is mass produced in a few years (hopefully about ten years because FPW changed his mind and will somehow add a few more Jack stories (Pleasssse)).
There have been a few changes: like when and how Jack and Mr. Veileur meet, (that was left out of NIGHTWORLD and placed in BY THE SWORD) and some other small events, but the book has ended up (as Cobalt said) 8,000 words longer. It's even better than the original (if you could imagine that to be possible.) There may possibly be some more slight changes coming, but they will probably be -- as I said -- slight.

As for me, I have the original NIGHTWORLD, the revised NIGHTWORLD, and if any additional changes are made, I will get that one as well.

Ken V.
t4terrific   12-29-2008, 01:56 PM
Ken Valentine Wrote:As for me, I have the original NIGHTWORLD, the revised NIGHTWORLD, and if any additional changes are made, I will get that one as well.

Ken V.

Me too.

I have 4 different copies, of Nightworld, already (Dark Harvest limited, NEL 1st hc, Jove paperback, and BP limited). I'd welcome more with open arms/wallet.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   12-29-2008, 02:16 PM
bbarker Wrote:First time poster, long time Jack follower. Has anybody purchased a copy of Nightworld through Borderland Press? I saw that FPW updated the book, but has any of the story been slightly changed at all? I read the story a few years back and would purchase the book right now if the story has been tweaked in a few spots. If there was no minor/major changes, I could wait till it is mass produced in a few years (hopefully about ten years because FPW changed his mind and will somehow add a few more Jack stories (Pleasssse)).

Howdy, bbarker, and welcome to the board! Yeah, there are =significant= changes in NIGHTWORLD mark 2. The 3rd? Anyone's guess... Though I've heard rumors our favorite little girl becomes the She-Hulk.