Jay #1   12-02-2008, 01:54 AM
ordered it off the Amazon link on the main page here. got it today, almost done already. Just like all the others I can't put it down until I'm finished. heh
AngelWitch   12-03-2008, 09:41 PM
Jay #1 Wrote:ordered it off the Amazon link on the main page here. got it today, almost done already. Just like all the others I can't put it down until I'm finished. heh

Dont tell anyone but I didnt even get that yet, so I know your pain...

"If you can't beat'em, torture them"

http://www.myspace.com/xblackalicex
Libby   12-03-2008, 10:33 PM
AngelWitch Wrote:Dont tell anyone but I didnt even get that yet, so I know your pain...

I love the YA Jack. He is my age in the book, therefore COMPLETELY perfect.CoolBig Grin

"Lord, what fools these mortals be"

"The opposite of war isn't peace; it's creation."

You'd think that Killing people would make them like you, but it doesn't! it just makes people dead.
Jay #1   12-08-2008, 02:09 PM
well a small part of me wonders why me a 34 year old is enjoying it... heh
Bluesman Mike Lindner   12-08-2008, 02:33 PM
Jay #1 Wrote:well a small part of me wonders why me a 34 year old is enjoying it... heh

Well, Jay, that gets to the question of why we enjoy fiction. As a phenomenological existentialistConfusedquigglemouth:, I suggest fiction enables us to transcend our humdrum existence ("You spent the rent money on drugs, bitch? =Again=??") and take "the high ground" view. See Colin Wilson on this.

Or Homer.

Or Robert Heinlein.

Or Paul Wilson.

Or Nora Roberts.
KRW   03-02-2009, 11:28 PM
Jay #1 Wrote:well a small part of me wonders why me a 34 year old is enjoying it... heh

37 and I enjoyed it! It brought back a lot of memories associated with a small town, the music, video games, not locking doors, the freedom to ride my bike anywhere and be home by dark, and my own barrens which I knew better than anyone else in that town... the creek. There was even a time I encountered some steal traps. I LOVED THIS BOOK.