Pages (2):    1 2
Wapitikev   11-10-2008, 05:28 PM
berrymastiff Wrote:Walt promised jack 'I owe you one and I will pay it...." What does that mean? We know that Walt has the Day-tat-vao.... how will that help Jack?

At some point in book 2 or 3, Jack (or Weezy) will need to be healed of a life-threatening injury and, lo-and-behold, there Walt will be.

-Wapitikev

Axioms Jack seems to live by (inadvertantly or not):

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
Wapitikev   02-11-2009, 12:48 AM
magicked Wrote:Hey-- I'm new to the board. Well, I'm new to posting, I suppose. I've been reading the board for quite a while now and I couldnt resist responding to this one.

My favorite point here is this:

Honestly I'm intrigued with Uncle Gurney. I re-read harbingers and bloodline, and this uncle is mentioned in both books. Not to mention jack's myspace page. Uncle Gurney strikes me as very similar to Dumbledore's brother, who is hinted at over 6 books and then plays a huge part in the last book. We know absolutely nothing about him, and he is the only blood relative of Jack's who is not dead... Suspicious.
Perhaps this is so obvious that other long time members didn't bother to respond...but one BIG reason that Gurney is a surviving relative of Jack's is that he can't be dead and still appear in (the future in) "Lippdleggin" and then go on to father the line that eventually produces Peter LaNague.

Plus, it isn't too suspicious that Jack's dad's sibling would be spared...only his immediate family were threatened. Kate's children (nieces and nephews) were never directly in peril so why would his uncle be?

-Wapitikev
This post was last modified: 02-11-2009, 12:51 AM by Wapitikev.

Axioms Jack seems to live by (inadvertantly or not):

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
Silverfish   02-11-2009, 08:28 PM
berrymastiff Wrote:...The name of the town...was originally Quakersville.... long before the first quaker ever hit America. Supposedly the town was built around the Lodge --hence Q'qr-ville?

I must've missed this thread first time around. This just kicked me in the head just now. Wow. (pun intended)

Stephanie

Abe's raised eyebrows caused furrows in his extended forehead. "Five in twelve hours?"
"Oh, and like you've never had a cranky day?"
Pages (2):    1 2