ghaleon23   11-06-2008, 05:30 AM
Ok, I just wanted to know if The Keep is the first time Rasalom ever appears in FPW books. Was he in Black Wind? I havent read that one yet. I was curious if there was actually any referencing to the times through out history that Rasalom and Glaeken have battled eachother...? Thank you for any info...
t4terrific   11-06-2008, 10:28 AM
ImDeranged Wrote:There's a short story from 1979 called "Demonsong". That is the first meeting between Glaeken and "R". It was in a short story book called Heroic Fantasy. The ISBN is 0879974559 if you'd like to look for it online at used bookstores.

Demonsong was a neat little story. It was very different from The Keep, but I could still make the correlation between the short and the novel.
Wapitikev   11-06-2008, 11:19 AM
ImDeranged Wrote:There's a short story from 1979 called "Demonsong". That is the first meeting between Glaeken and "R". It was in a short story book called Heroic Fantasy. The ISBN is 0879974559 if you'd like to look for it online at used bookstores.

Except in that particular version of the story, the big R is called Rosalam...it was corrected in more recent editions, published elsewhere.

You can look here for publishing details.

After you get there, click on Works on the left side, scroll down to Other Books (it's the first one listed there) then scroll through the Plot Summary to the section called Publication History.

You should be able to find one of those copies, used, on the web somewhere.

-Wapitikev

Axioms Jack seems to live by (inadvertantly or not):

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
Silverfish   11-06-2008, 07:44 PM
Thanks for the link Wapitikev.

Here's the permaview in case you can't find it on the site, Ghaleon: Demonsong.

Welcome to the board.

Stephanie

Abe's raised eyebrows caused furrows in his extended forehead. "Five in twelve hours?"
"Oh, and like you've never had a cranky day?"
bones weep tedium   11-06-2008, 08:14 PM
I really enjoyed Demonsong Smile

I accidentally dropped a load of worthless change in the street. I was going to just leave it there but a burly policeman lumbered towards me and said, "You'd better pick that up, son."

I hate coppers.

[Image: smile-test.gif]"DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH.
LIBERTY IS A WELL-ARMED LAMB CONTESTING THE VOTE."