luthie2   10-26-2008, 07:49 PM
For those of you who might be fans of Terry Goodkinds "Sword of Truth" series there is a new TV show premiering the weekend of Nov 1st based on the books caled "the Legend of the Seeker". You can check out thier website legendoftheseeker.com to find info on when it is playing in your area. Just thought some people would like to know.
Husband of Luthie2   10-28-2008, 12:10 PM
I Should start by saying some possible spoilers for those not famaliar with the books.......

A couple of things I have found out about the show already. First off there is a "making of the legend of the seeker" half hour special that is appearing in some markets. Also wikipedia already has info on it..Apparently 22 episodes have already been green lighted. There is also some informtion on the differences in the storyline from the book. All the major characters appear to be there but the one change is that Richard does not know Zedd. Another is that Daken Rahl appears to be around the same age as Richard....kind of makes it rough to be his pop if thats the case. With that said though I am looking forward to watching it this weekend. Hope to hear some feedback on what people think about it.
This post was last modified: 10-28-2008, 01:19 PM by Husband of Luthie2.

Reverend Jim: What does the yellow light mean?
Bobby: Slow down , Jim.
Reverend Jim: ok.... Whaaaat Dooooes Thhhhe Yellloooow Light meeeaaan?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
law dawg   10-29-2008, 08:21 PM
I lost track of the book series around book seven or so but I'm DVRing this to see how it works.

It's an 88 magnum. It shoots through schools.
Husband of Luthie2   11-02-2008, 07:43 PM
Ok first two episodes are in the books, but only figuratively. If your looking for a strict translation of the book to the small screen you will ber terribly disappointed. But with that said I thought it was a decent show and hope that it is given a good chance. Luthie2 and I watched last night with great hopes for the show and once we got over the inital disappointment of not following the storyline strictly we both thought it was worth a watch and it will take up some recording time on our dvr. Hopw to hear what others thought,

Reverend Jim: What does the yellow light mean?
Bobby: Slow down , Jim.
Reverend Jim: ok.... Whaaaat Dooooes Thhhhe Yellloooow Light meeeaaan?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Fenian1916   11-03-2008, 12:47 PM
I agree with you. I wish it stayed more closely to the books. I guess we'll see it goes.

[SIZE=2]"There are many things more horrible than bloodshed; and slavery is one of them."
Padraig Pearse[/SIZE]