Pages (3):    1 2 3   
Legion   10-25-2008, 01:10 PM
jack2021 Wrote:I'm sorry that I am not doing proper spelling for you and It's running on. Just leave me alone about it lol.

I will leave you alone about it when FPW stops writing awesome books.

I'm sorry, but there is now excuse for posts of this sort. You obviously have a keyboard, which I am assuming has an enter key, a period, comma, space, etc key.

USE THEM! To continue to not do so, especially after Paul himself commented on it, is just plain lazy.

[Image: hope.jpg]

Guns Don't Kill People, ATF Agents Do!
berrymastiff   10-25-2008, 04:41 PM
Why post on an internet forum in which the interaction between participants is completly dependant on basic writing skills? If you can't meet those basic requirements, join a phone chat line.

I mean its like joining an ASL discussion if you have parkinsons. I.e. they just won't understand you...
Sigokat   10-25-2008, 05:35 PM
Agreed. The run-ons and the insistence on writing gigantic paragraphs do not bode well on any forum.

But more so then those, you're going to lose alot of people when you use the incorrect spelling of a word.

witch should have been which.

aloud should have been allowed.

its really not that hard. I expect such lazy writing skills from a non-reader, but to come to a forum that is about literature and write in such a manner just will not sit too well with some people here and demonstrates either a poor understanding of the english language (perhaps you are not from the US or an English speaking country? And if so, then I can understand) or a general laziness bred by the current generation of subpar education systems and the advent of text messaging.

As to your actual questions. I believe there is already a MySpace page for Repairman Jack, but since I no longer have MySpace I cannot verify it.

As for the books...I've stopped reading them right now, but Infernal would be next. Some personal issues have swayed my decision to set the books down for now, but hopefully I will find the desire to start again. I will say though that The Keep (since its not RJ) is by far my favorite FPW novel I have read thus far.

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
jack2021   10-26-2008, 01:37 AM
well let me run this by you guys then. I do not wish to start a fight but for those of you who are "putting me down" for not knowing proper spelling and grammer (sorry I don't know how to spell it) is messed up. I have ADHD and a spelling/reading disability, and yet you all even Mr. wilson mock me for this.

I came to this board to start on a book I love to read to talk among the people who all so read it. I didn't think I'd get mocked by people who seemed to be called "Yuppies" in the book. Ya you guys are acting like it, stuck up with you rules as if everyone follows them. A lot of people have problems trying to spell and make good sentences, one of those disabilities is call disliksia (can't spell that either wanna make fun of me for it). Not only am I offended by this I can't believe I got this type of treatment coming here.

So until you at least say sorry every one who called me run-on and mocked my grammer is now called "yuppies" the stuck up class who looks down at people and mocks them for something they can't do but you can. You think your better then me cause you can spell and you don't make a mistake and that's wrong. I have been mocked and made fun on in school for this, people like you are the reason why I don't read, and why I never try to go on here.

So way to go people it's nice to feel welcome on this board. And Mr. Wilson I still love the books and I'm still reading by the sword (sorry I'm not as fast of a reader as some "yuppies" on here, but I'm trying) and I feel sorry for others like me who like this series of novels who are afraid to come on this board and post what they think about this and speak there minds. I'm not sure if I want to tell people about this forum. I'm afraid of the way they'll be treated.

Thanks "yuppies" for showing me people still don't change even if it's over the net. People are still like opinion's and are ass wholes.
Sigokat   10-26-2008, 03:22 AM
jack,

First you need to calm down. This is the internet and you shouldn't be offended by anything on it. Why get so upset? Do you know any of us personally? Are we going to affect your life in one way or another?

If you had come out and said that you had a learning disability to begin with perhaps people may have treated you different, but you didn't. Alot of people on these internet forums are sticklers for spelling and proper grammer usage. You are not going to change that by getting mad and calling people "yuppies". In fact your last post, whih you obviously wrote in anger, shows you are doing the exact same thing to "us" that you are so upset about being done to you...succumbing to personal attacks.

Frankly, I could care less if you stay or go and your announcement that you consider us "yuppies" just made me laugh. Look, its the internet, get over it. What you need to do is grow some thick skin, learn to take constructive criticism for what it is, and drive on. If not, you will be offended on most entertainment forums out there.

Now try not to get offended when I say this (again I don't really care if you do or not, but I'm actually trying to give you some advice), but perhaps you should proofread your post before you actually post it. Or another method...copy and past the text into Word and use the spellcheck option. It also checks for proper punctuation.

So, take it or leave it. Frankly, I do not care. And demanding apologies, especially from this lot, is not going to work. I did nothing wrong, so if you are expect an apology from me you're going to have a long wait.

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
cobalt   10-26-2008, 09:41 AM
We're a suspicious bunch. Not looking really friendly either. But the run-on posts are some what difficult to read. Look at that....you gave us trouble reading. None of us is perfect, we all have problems. I make spelling errors all the time. Without spell check, well there would be so many more.

So, apologizing might be asking a bit much from some...including me....but this is us.....maybe thinking you're playing a game/punk on us. Hell, we've done it lots of times before.

But Sig is right, to paraphrase big time......this is the net....anything goes.

[SIZE="1"]I spell checked this before I posted it.[/SIZE]

EWMAN
jack2021   10-26-2008, 01:16 PM
You yuppies are right but you never bothered thinking that people had problems with them posting. I didn't think yuppies would be on this board, but I guess that's the internet deal with it. I am dealing with it I voiced my opinion about it and obviously not being taken serious so it's what ever. nice post yuppies.
Sigokat   10-26-2008, 02:06 PM
jack2021 Wrote:You yuppies are right but you never bothered thinking that people had problems with them posting. I didn't think yuppies would be on this board, but I guess that's the internet deal with it. I am dealing with it I voiced my opinion about it and obviously not being taken serious so it's what ever. nice post yuppies.

Jack,

Ok seriously you need to grow the fuck up. I have absolutely no idea how old you are, but you are acting more immature then my 10 year old nephew.

If you can't handle constructive criticism then you are going to have a hard time in the real world (assuming you are still a student) because here's a news flash for you. In the real world, nobody is going to care about the "whys" of your behavior; all they will see if your failure to perform. If you are looking for sympathy you will receive none. Get used to it.

Perhaps instead of using your disability as a crutch attempt to overcome it. Strive to not let your disability be the determining factor in how you interface with others.

Look, this is an internet forum and the only means of communication is the written word. If you want people to take you seriously you need to express yourself in a more coherent manner using the written word. So far, you are failing miserably in that department.

So again, grow the fuck up and drive on. Your last post is just another example of why most people are not taking you seriously on this board.

The only reason I have not put you on my ignore list is because believe it or not I was actually trying to help you. But your attitude is starting to annoy not only myself, but others here as well. So, take my advice or leave it because I'm at the point where I don't really care what you do anymore.

Major K

jacksgia   10-26-2008, 03:06 PM
O_o I agree with both jack2021 and the other people. No one knows what everyone has gone through in life and the backgrounds they have lived. In agreement with everyone else, it is the internet. There's a saying something like if you fight over the internet, it's like the Special Olympics even if you win you are still retarded. *side note*(Nothing against the Special Olympics).

Power to you Jack2021 for taking the time, to come out and expose your disability. Every day, American's struggle with the same problem. I know exactly how you feel. I have immediate family members, that can not read nor write properly. I have helped them a little bit, but don't have time to keep teaching them.

Also Aren't we all adults here??? Then if we are all supposedly then why don't we act like them and not elementary school.
Sigokat   10-26-2008, 03:12 PM
jacksgia Wrote:O_o I agree with both jack2021 and the other people. No one knows what everyone has gone through in life and the backgrounds they have lived. In agreement with everyone else, it is the internet. There's a saying something like if you fight over the internet, it's like the Special Olympics even if you win you are still retarded. *side note*(Nothing against the Special Olympics).

Power to you Jack2021 for taking the time, to come out and expose your disability. Every day, American's struggle with the same problem. I know exactly how you feel. I have immediate family members, that can not read nor write properly. I have helped them a little bit, but don't have time to keep teaching them.

Also Aren't we all adults here??? Then if we are all supposedly then why don't we act like them and not elementary school.

You both are missing the points that I was trying to make.

I have absolutely nothing against Jack or the fact that he has a learning disability. The point I was trying to make is that if he wants to be taken seriously he needs to articulate himself better. There are application tools available to help people that have these problems with reading and writing.

And yes we are all adults here (for the most part), but as adults we expect a certain level of education in the way people express themselves. If someone cannot understand what a poster is trying to say or ask then the thread will eventually die and the original poster could perhaps feel frustrated that he/she was ignored.

And furthermore, people need to stop taking stuff as personal attacks. I never personally attacked Jack. I simply gave him some advice and constructive criticism about his post (hell I even answered his questions, but he chose to ignore that fact). If he perceived that as an attack well that burden is on him, not me, nor on anyone else here on this board.

Major K

Pages (3):    1 2 3