Scott Miller   09-15-2008, 01:24 PM
I haven't been watching much animation these days but I'm glad I watched Persepolis over the weekend. It is certainly one of the more cool-unique-looking cartoons I've seen and it is an excellent movie to boot. It is based upon Marjane Satrapi's(she also co-directs the film) autobiographical graphic novel of the same name about growing up in Iran during the Islamic Revolution. It is definitely worth the rent.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
bones weep tedium   09-30-2008, 10:52 AM
Sorrel and I bought this, and so far I have tried to watch it twice and have fallen asleep both times. Sorrel watched it all the way through and said that it was very powerful and moving, and depite urging me to watch it declines from watching it again herself.

So I can't watch it when she's about, and we live in a one bed flat. So far, the oppourtunity to watch it has arisen! Have started to read the book though. Smile

I accidentally dropped a load of worthless change in the street. I was going to just leave it there but a burly policeman lumbered towards me and said, "You'd better pick that up, son."

I hate coppers.

[Image: smile-test.gif]"DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH.
LIBERTY IS A WELL-ARMED LAMB CONTESTING THE VOTE."