Pages (2):    1 2
Tony H   09-16-2008, 02:08 PM
Okay...I have to say this up front...I am not a Lynch fan. I have always thought that egomaniacal filmmakers sink to the level of writing/directing an incomprehensible film then say "It's up to the viewer to decide what the movie means to them."

Yes Marc...laugh your maniacal laugh...you are lumped in with them. Having seen some of your early works I knew the influence Lynch holds over you. I knew going into viewing Pennywise, that I would be looking for the meaning of the film.

Again, as in the past, I feel I need to be drunk to understand your work...be it the visual or written medium. With that said, the praise shall now begin...

Visually the film was vibrant and crisp, the atmosphere was foreboding and the sound design was wonderful creating a sense of impending dread.

Secretly you know what the film is about, and one of these days I will rip the meaning from your soul...it's the not knowing when this will happen where the true suspense lies.
This post was last modified: 09-16-2008, 02:15 PM by Tony H.

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
Scott Miller   09-16-2008, 02:32 PM
AsMoral Wrote:Secretly you know what the film is about, and one of these days I will rip the meaning from your soul...it's the not knowing when this will happen where the true suspense lies.

That is actually a fairly intriguing premise for a film(and maybe its been done). An obseessed viewer can't find the meaning in a film so he kidnaps the director only to be informed that it is up to him as the viewer to determine the meaning on his own.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Tony H   09-16-2008, 02:53 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:That is actually a fairly intriguing premise for a film(and maybe its been done). An obseessed viewer can't find the meaning in a film so he kidnaps the director only to be informed that it is up to him as the viewer to determine the meaning on his own.

I will write the short story to be adapted by filmmaker Marc Buhmann.

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
Scott Miller   09-16-2008, 02:56 PM
AsMoral Wrote:I will write the short story to be adapted by filmmaker Marc Buhmann.

If I give you fifty cents will I get a producing credit? I might even be willing to do seventy five.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Marc   09-16-2008, 04:09 PM
AsMoral Wrote:Visually the film was vibrant and crisp, the atmosphere was foreboding and the sound design was wonderful creating a sense of impending dread.

Thank you.

Quote:Again, as in the past, I feel I need to be drunk to understand your work...be it the visual or written medium. With that said, the praise shall now begin...

Not always. I can think of a few that are pretty straight forward. Smile

Quote:Secretly you know what the film is about, and one of these days I will rip the meaning from your soul...it's the not knowing when this will happen where the true suspense lies.

I'll give you a hint: pay attention to what the characters are wearing.
This post was last modified: 09-16-2008, 04:14 PM by Marc.
Tony H   09-16-2008, 05:21 PM
Marc Wrote:Thank you.

Not always. I can think of a few that are pretty straight forward. Smile

I'll give you a hint: pay attention to what the characters are wearing.

Okay, I will re-watch it when I get home. Something tells me this is non-linear.

Certified 100% Serious
Pages (2):    1 2