Legion   08-23-2008, 03:46 PM
I was readin the other post and couldn't help but think of movies.

My favs - The Long Long Trailer, Mister Roberts ( great book too), Road to Bali, Princess and the Pirate, and The Searchers.

[Image: hope.jpg]

Guns Don't Kill People, ATF Agents Do!
Dave F   08-23-2008, 05:41 PM
Three movies spring to mind, two very different movies

1) The original Wicker Man - and not just for the Britt Ekland scene (all men who have seen this movie know the one I mean)

2) Wonderful life - we watch this every x-mas eve before we go to bed.

3) El cid - I just can't watch the end of this movie without getting a lump in my throat

Many others - but these three immediately spring to mind

The artist formally known as Britfan
t4terrific   08-23-2008, 06:31 PM
Arsenic and Old Lace, Rear Window, Duck Soup, It's a Wonderful Life, The Maltese Falcon, The Body Snatcher, and The Trouble With Harry.

These are some of my all time faves.
Libby   08-23-2008, 07:53 PM
Does Singing in the Rain count? I also like Arsenic and Old Lace (how original), Some Like it Hot, Rose Marie, Son of Paleface, The Court Jester, The Seven Year Itch, my childhood favorite Bedknobs and Broomsticks, and those old horror classics, like The Creature From the Black Lagoon, Dracula, etc. Plus all the one I can find names for...

"Lord, what fools these mortals be"

"The opposite of war isn't peace; it's creation."

You'd think that Killing people would make them like you, but it doesn't! it just makes people dead.
Kenji   08-23-2008, 09:36 PM
*Thriller

"Suddenly" was excellent thriller. Frank Sinatra's played assassin. The last sequence was thrilling.

"The Manchurian Candidate". Denzel Washington's version was okay, but I prefer original.

"Elevator to the Gallows". Excellent cinematography, music by Miles Davis, and elevator.

*Sci-Fi

"The Incredible Shrinking Man". Based on the novel by Richard Matheson. Spider, cat, and his wife....Funny but scary! I heard the rumor of remake by Eddie Murphy. Crap! :prrr:

"Village of the Damned". Original was great than remake, definitely! Children's eyes were too spooky.

"The Day the Earth Stood Still".

*Comedy

"Africa Screams". Abbot & Costello movies are my favorite. "Africa Screams" was their best one.

"Some Like It Hot". Well, nobody's perfect. Big Grin

"The Odd Couple".

I love old movies, I can pick up more, but...I think it's enough.
Aprilis   08-31-2008, 02:09 AM
I just love old movies and my favorites are
Rear Window
Some like it hot
my favorite wife
arsenic and old lace

Well anything with Cary Grant or Irene Dunne or any Hitchcock movie.

I worked once with this guy who told me he never watched B&W movies. He doesnt know what he is missing.

The world is full of idiots ... It's up to you to not be one of them.