XiaoYu   06-22-2008, 11:46 PM
I don't think there's already a topic on this movie, please move if there is.

I just got back from watching this movie. It may now be my fav animated movie. It was all-around satisfying, well-paced, had very nicely animated action scenes, nice music (they featured my fav instrument, the er hu) and incorporated a fair amount of Chinese wuxia xiao shuo (martial arts literature) culture. The plot isn't the most original one you could find as it's still a kid's movie in the end, but everything else more than made up for that.

If you're in need of a few laughs, and especially if you have kids, I would highly recommend this movie. If you see it, share your thoughts!

[SIZE="1"]To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting." -- Sun Zi
===========================
[COLOR="Green"]Django: This is the way things are; you can't change nature.
Remy: Change IS nature, Dad. The part that we can influence. And it starts when we decide.
Django: Where are you going?
Remy: With luck, forward.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[SIZE="1"]"The thing I treasure most in life / Cannot be taken away..."[/SIZE]
Scott Miller   06-30-2008, 11:16 AM
It was not quite as funny as I thought it would be, but the fantastic action scenes more than made up for any humorous shortcomings. Nothing in it that most kids couldn't handle.
This post was last modified: 07-01-2008, 09:42 AM by Scott Miller.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
SickThing   07-01-2008, 09:34 AM
I saw it in an IMAX theater a couple of weekends ago and really enjoyed it. IMO, it's the closest Dreamworks has gotten to putting out a CG movie that even comes close to what Pixar does.

Hunter