Pages (2):    1 2
Kenji   05-16-2008, 09:07 PM
ccosborne3 Wrote:I liked the original cover with Fabio.

Aprilis Wrote:did it really have Fabio?

I read a library copy years ago, so I dont remember the cover. I only remember what was on the inside.
Smile

What is "fabio"? :confused:
Aprilis   05-16-2008, 09:24 PM
Kenji Wrote:What is "fabio"? :confused:

an Italian muscular male model that is on the cover of hundreds of romance novels

The world is full of idiots ... It's up to you to not be one of them.
Harplady   05-31-2008, 12:43 AM
Cover looks kewl --- but I am ever so glad that I got a copy of the signed, numbered, limited that has a black cover with the title in silver and Japanese. I love it! It's gorgeous!

Harplady Confusedmilewinkgrin:
Wapitikev   05-31-2008, 01:25 AM
I recently picked up a used paperback copy that has a red cover with black lettering (same font as the original hardcover) and a cut-out hole in the cover that lets the picture on an inside splash page show through.

The hole shows a temple with a mushroom cloud rising up in front of its doors.

The entire splash page (when you open the cover) is a two-page work that combines the graphic that shows through to the cover with black and white photographs of WWII, one of which is a larger nuclear explosion. The splash page is dominated by an American sailor chastely standing behind a Japanese woman in a western style dress looking back over her shoulder at the sailor.

Copyright date is 1988.

The sailor doesn't look much like Fabio.

Is this the original paperback?

In any case, the plain red cover with the temple and the mushroom cloud looks snappy. I certainly like it better than the draft graphic in the OP. Too bad they can't use a different one.

-Wapitikev

Axioms Jack seems to live by (inadvertantly or not):

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
Scott Miller   05-31-2008, 02:10 AM
It sure sounds like the same one I have and I bought mine when it was initially published.

Wapitikev Wrote:I recently picked up a used paperback copy that has a red cover with black lettering (same font as the original hardcover) and a cut-out hole in the cover that lets the picture on an inside splash page show through.

The hole shows a temple with a mushroom cloud rising up in front of its doors.

The entire splash page (when you open the cover) is a two-page work that combines the graphic that shows through to the cover with black and white photographs of WWII, one of which is a larger nuclear explosion. The splash page is dominated by an American sailor chastely standing behind a Japanese woman in a western style dress looking back over her shoulder at the sailor.

Copyright date is 1988.

The sailor doesn't look much like Fabio.

Is this the original paperback?

In any case, the plain red cover with the temple and the mushroom cloud looks snappy. I certainly like it better than the draft graphic in the OP. Too bad they can't use a different one.

-Wapitikev

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Harplady   05-31-2008, 02:11 AM
Woah! I have the same paperback. I bought it new. oops.. my age is showing!!!:eek:

Harplady Confusedmilewinkgrin:
Libby   05-31-2008, 10:00 AM
Harplady Wrote:Woah! I have the same paperback. I bought it new. oops.. my age is showing!!!:eek:

LOL!!!Big Grin

"Lord, what fools these mortals be"

"The opposite of war isn't peace; it's creation."

You'd think that Killing people would make them like you, but it doesn't! it just makes people dead.
Weatherford   05-31-2008, 12:50 PM
I just re-read it - what a FANTASTIC book!!
Pages (2):    1 2