Maggers   05-27-2008, 10:17 AM
I seldom think about film producers. As a viewer, it's the director and actors on whom I focus most. But Sydney Pollack was different. Perhaps it's because Pollack also acted and because he produced terrific films. I always thought he was a class act.

RIP Mr. Pollack.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Scott Miller   05-27-2008, 11:19 AM
Maggers Wrote:I seldom think about film producers. As a viewer, it's the director and actors on whom I focus most. But Sydney Pollack was different. Perhaps it's because Pollack also acted and because he produced terrific films. I always thought he was a class act.

RIP Mr. Pollack.

So long Sydney. Don't forget that he was a well-reknowned director as well. Tootsie is one of my favorite comedies.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Maggers   05-27-2008, 03:42 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:So long Sydney. Don't forget that he was a well-reknowned director as well. Tootsie is one of my favorite comedies.

How could I have overlooked his directing career? You are so right, Scott. A true triple threat.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

webby   05-27-2008, 11:20 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:So long Sydney. Don't forget that he was a well-reknowned director as well. Tootsie is one of my favorite comedies.

Me too.

With so much dreck being made in Hollywood these days, it's always a sad thing when someone who did a lot of high quality work passes on.

It's Thirteen O'Clock
-------------------------------------
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
-------------------------------------
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]