Pages (5):    1 2 3 4 5
Wapitikev   05-16-2008, 12:31 PM
Libby Wrote:I wouldn't be able to remember as much as you do.Smile But I think that would be an interesting story, even though we know what happened to the stupid loser who hurt Jack.:eek:

Short term memory loss?

[Chumbawumba lyrics run through head]

-Wapitikev

Axioms Jack seems to live by (inadvertantly or not):

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
Libby   05-16-2008, 07:00 PM
Wapitikev Wrote:Short term memory loss?

-Wapitikev

No, I'll look it up... AHA!!!! Got it!!!! RETROGRADE amnesia. Some form of post-traumatic memory loss. I knew I wasn't just amnesia. Also antegrade amnesia.:confused: I love the tone in this part. I can feel the cold anger in Jack's thoughts. I am stunned, as always.Smile

"Lord, what fools these mortals be"

"The opposite of war isn't peace; it's creation."

You'd think that Killing people would make them like you, but it doesn't! it just makes people dead.
jimbow8   05-16-2008, 08:30 PM
Wapitikev Wrote:Short term memory loss?

-Wapitikev

[Runs the movie Memento through my internal, big-screen, Dolby Digital 5.1 visual memory.]

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Ken Valentine   05-17-2008, 03:11 AM
Libby Wrote:No, I'll look it up... AHA!!!! Got it!!!! RETROGRADE amnesia. Some form of post-traumatic memory loss. I knew I wasn't just amnesia. Also antegrade amnesia.:confused: I love the tone in this part. I can feel the cold anger in Jack's thoughts. I am stunned, as always.Smile

Good thing I read through the rest of the posts before replying.

Yep . . . retrograde.

Ken V.
Pages (5):    1 2 3 4 5