Alvin Fox   03-14-2008, 10:37 AM
Does anyone find it creepy that Daniel Radcliffe is going to be 21 when part 2 of Deathly Hollows comes out in May 2011?
Schwinn160   03-14-2008, 11:01 AM
Not at all. Creepy was when he did the nude stuff in the other theaters... :eek:
jimbow8   03-14-2008, 10:14 PM
Not really. The character is 17 or 18 by that time anyway. It won't be the first time a 20+ actor has played a teenager.

btw, it's Hallows

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Ken Valentine   03-14-2008, 11:14 PM
AlvinFox Wrote:Does anyone find it creepy that Daniel Radcliffe is going to be 21 when part 2 of Deathly Hollows comes out in May 2011?

Not in the least. To add to what Jim said, Harry would be in his last year at Hogwarts, which would make him 18 years old before school starts.

Daniel Radcliffe was eleven when he played Harry Potter in the first movie -- twelve when it was released. As it would take a monumental effort to finish one movie every year -- from screenplay to release, (and the last book being made into two movies) -- I'm pleased to see that all eight movies are being done in ten years.

Compare this with the RJ movie which has been in development for nearly fifteen years.

Furthermore, I also think it's praiseworthy that nearly everyone in the first movie has stuck with the project for this long.

Ken V.
Alvin Fox   03-15-2008, 04:27 AM
You know, it just occured to me. If/when the RJ movie gets made... what of Vicky? She only ages 3 years during the course of the novels. If multiple movies get made would her aging be intentionaly sped up? Of course that's me wishing all of the RJ books eventually get made into movies... GOOD movies.
Ken Valentine   03-16-2008, 02:43 AM
jimbow8 Wrote:Not really. The character is 17 or 18 by that time anyway. It won't be the first time a 20+ actor has played a teenager.

Talk about playing a part out of ones age group; Shirley Henderson was 36 years old when she played the part of the teenage ghost Moaning Myrtle in "Chamber of Secrets."

Ken V.
law dawg   03-16-2008, 12:03 PM
Ken Valentine Wrote:Not in the least. To add to what Jim said, Harry would be in his last year at Hogwarts, which would make him 18 years old before school starts.

Daniel Radcliffe was eleven when he played Harry Potter in the first movie -- twelve when it was released. As it would take a monumental effort to finish one movie every year -- from screenplay to release, (and the last book being made into two movies) -- I'm pleased to see that all eight movies are being done in ten years.

Compare this with the RJ movie which has been in development for nearly fifteen years.

Furthermore, I also think it's praiseworthy that nearly everyone in the first movie has stuck with the project for this long.

Ken V.

Agreed!

It's an 88 magnum. It shoots through schools.