Barry Lee Dejasu   02-17-2008, 11:03 AM
I just saw Definitely, Maybe yesterday. Besides loving it because it was a cute, well-made, well-written, well-acted, well-directed movie, I was extra-excited to see the man who will "definitely, maybe" be playing Repairman Jack walking around in Jack's very playground itself the whole way through.

To tally a few highlights of my Repairman Jack Scrutiny:
  • Ryan Reynolds was on a rooftop at night during one scene. I could almost see a rakosh prowling around up there with him...
  • He had a sprint through a hotel at one point while trying to beat a girl back to his room (reminiscent of some of his better scenes in Blade Trinity and Smokin' Aces), and looked convincing as usual in a more "action-packed" scene such as that.
  • While he did wear suits and/or ties a bit during the movie (something Jack kiiiind of doesn't do very often), he has a few scenes just wearing jackets, hoodies, tee shirts, etc., and looked convincingly "anonymous" in them.
  • He looked really good without a beard during the middle of the movie onward (to all the beard/no beard skeptics).
So for anyone who wants a sort of "preview" of Ryan Reynolds as Repairman Jack - IN New York - go see Definitely, Maybe. And hopefully, enjoy the movie also - I certainly did!

"...and your last thought is that you have become a noise...a thin, nameless noise among all these others...howling in the empty dark room"
--Ulver, "Nowhere/Catastrophe"
[Image: geomorfos.jpg]
phoenix rising   02-17-2008, 11:21 AM
This is wt I get for being without cable for a month, I have no idea what is new movie wise.....I'll have to look it up and see what's what.