RichE   01-12-2008, 01:27 PM
Just ordered the DVD set for "Night Gallery". I think it was a great show and doesn't get the attention it deserves-favorites: "The Devil Is Not Mocked" starring Francis Lederer-who once again plays Dracula (First time was in 1958's "Return Of Dracula"). "Cool Air"and "Pickman's Model", two great Lovecraft tales that really stay in the spirit of the writer.
Anyone else have this?
By the way, Bill Knight (Midnight Video) said the Japanese laserdisc box set to "Kolchack The Night Stalker" includes an unaired episode never shown on TV and not included on the DVD.
Sigokat   01-12-2008, 07:18 PM
I think I have it...I'll have to look through my DVDs that I brought here with me or I might have left them back in the states. I'm almost positive I bought it awhile ago.

I've always enjoyed Night Gallery since I've been a TZ fan for so long...I think Rod Serling was just too friggin cool!!!

The only episode I remember off the top of my head is the one with an old man (I think) who had a black butler (I think) and there was a painting on the wall that kept changing with more horrific images...something about a corpse coming out of a grave and the grave was outside the house...any recollection of that one?

It was pretty freaky.

Ok I just looked at my DVDs and I have the complete first season of Night Gallery...how many seasons were there?
This post was last modified: 01-12-2008, 07:20 PM by Sigokat.

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
Kenji   01-12-2008, 08:21 PM
Oh! I want to see Night Gallery again! Once I saw NG, but they were 14 episodes only. I checked about NG in imdb, whole episodes were 96! Damned! Where are 82 episodes now?! Sad

http://www.geocities.jp/twilightzone_jp/...allery.htm

Some episodes remember, some episodes forgot, but I'm sure I saw all of 14 episodes. I remember "MAKE ME LAUGH" and "THE DOLL". I still remember John Williams was in "THE DOLL". It was fantastic story.

Ah.....good ol' days.
RichE   01-12-2008, 11:23 PM
sigokat Wrote:I think I have it...I'll have to look through my DVDs that I brought here with me or I might have left them back in the states. I'm almost positive I bought it awhile ago.

I've always enjoyed Night Gallery since I've been a TZ fan for so long...I think Rod Serling was just too friggin cool!!!

The only episode I remember off the top of my head is the one with an old man (I think) who had a black butler (I think) and there was a painting on the wall that kept changing with more horrific images...something about a corpse coming out of a grave and the grave was outside the house...any recollection of that one?

It was pretty freaky.

Ok I just looked at my DVDs and I have the complete first season of Night Gallery...how many seasons were there?

That was the 1969 pilot. It was the first professional job Spielberg worked on
(Joan Crawford segment). The one you recall is with Roddy McDowall.
ccosborne3   01-13-2008, 09:41 PM
RichE Wrote:That was the 1969 pilot. It was the first professional job Spielberg worked on
(Joan Crawford segment).

I remember that one. Tom Bosley from Happy Days played a small time loser that was coerced into selling his eyes to pay his gambling debts. It was a brilliant performance.
Sigokat   01-14-2008, 01:48 AM
ccosborne3 Wrote:I remember that one. Tom Bosley from Happy Days played a small time loser that was coerced into selling his eyes to pay his gambling debts. It was a brilliant performance.

Was that based off of one of Serling's short stories?

I remember one of the stories in Seasons to be Wary had something to do with someone selling his eyes. But I thought it was an Indian that sold his eyes in the story.

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
ccosborne3   01-14-2008, 09:57 AM
sigokat Wrote:Was that based off of one of Serling's short stories?

I remember one of the stories in Seasons to be Wary had something to do with someone selling his eyes. But I thought it was an Indian that sold his eyes in the story.

I dunno. That episode was the only Night Gallery I ever saw.
Schwinn160   01-14-2008, 10:35 AM
sigokat Wrote:Was that based off of one of Serling's short stories?

There were three parts to the original pilot. Here's the website for more info. Have the set and love it. Big Grin

http://www.nightgallery.net/index.html?title.html&0
Biggles   01-14-2008, 03:58 PM
ccosborne3 Wrote:I dunno. That episode was the only Night Gallery I ever saw.

Somehow, that's ironic.

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"