GeraldRice   11-28-2007, 02:24 PM
They ventured into the territory of paternity and could have illuminated an issue that so far has been inadequately addressed by the legal system. A father found out the son he thought was his wasn't and that he was actually the child of his wife's longterm lover. Both men wanted to be in the boy's life, but only the husband had legal right to him. Instead of having a case centered around that, the husband just killed his wife and went off to kill himself and then there was this overly long scene involving Stabler's wife getting into a near fatal car accident while on the way to the doctor.

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.
“That stuff work?” Israel said to her.
“‘Scuse me?” the little old woman said, clutching her keys.
“The spray. Does it keep them away?”
“Keep who away?” She looked confused.
“I gotcha.” Israel gave her a conspiratorial wink.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
joelfinkle   11-28-2007, 11:55 PM
Yeah, I thought, "Melodrama much?"

After (a) dealing with my son's near-fatal accident this summer, and (b) so many similar accidents in TV (Alias, Bionic Woman -- doesn't anyone ever head-on anymore?), it was a great big "meh"
cobalt   11-29-2007, 12:00 AM
SPOILER

I watched this episode last night. The previews made it seem as if Stabler's wife was dead.

EWMAN
GeraldRice   11-29-2007, 02:11 PM
I thought she was going to die. Such a disappointment Wink .

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.
“That stuff work?” Israel said to her.
“‘Scuse me?” the little old woman said, clutching her keys.
“The spray. Does it keep them away?”
“Keep who away?” She looked confused.
“I gotcha.” Israel gave her a conspiratorial wink.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com