Paul R   10-30-2007, 08:17 AM
So, I already have all of the Adversary Cycle, bought when they were released way back when. Then someone on this board (I can't find the post... but I think it might have been ccosborne3) mentioned that there was a limited set on Ebay... and I just couldn't resist. Snagged them for $100 plus postage.
Made me wonder, though, how much a writer must hate Ebay. Granted, I probably never would have bought these books again at the Borderlines price (because I already have them, as opposed to them not being worth the money, because they so are) but still, it's money in someone else's pocket, not FPW's. In my defense though, the guilt is relieved somewhat by the amount of money I've already spent on other FPW books.
Just wondered what other people think. Where possible, do you like to buy a writer's books from the source or are you happy to grab them any way you can?

"I handed in the new RJ novel with the
working title, BY THE SWORD. David says the sales force loved the title at the
pre Turkey-Day sales meeting, so that's what it will be. That means Paul Ramplin
gets a credit line in the acknowledgments.
"
Bluesman Mike Lindner   10-30-2007, 01:01 PM
Paul R Wrote:So, I already have all of the Adversary Cycle, bought when they were released way back when. Then someone on this board (I can't find the post... but I think it might have been ccosborne3) mentioned that there was a limited set on Ebay... and I just couldn't resist. Snagged them for $100 plus postage.
Made me wonder, though, how much a writer must hate Ebay. Granted, I probably never would have bought these books again at the Borderlines price (because I already have them, as opposed to them not being worth the money, because they so are) but still, it's money in someone else's pocket, not FPW's. In my defense though, the guilt is relieved somewhat by the amount of money I've already spent on other FPW books.
Just wondered what other people think. Where possible, do you like to buy a writer's books from the source or are you happy to grab them any way you can?

I grab 'em any way I can. To my shame, I've even kept books from libraries. (But always returned them, once I got my own copy.) Bad? You bet. But I just HAD TO HAVE THEM!Sad
webby   10-30-2007, 09:16 PM
Paul R Wrote:So, I already have all of the Adversary Cycle, bought when they were released way back when. Then someone on this board (I can't find the post... but I think it might have been ccosborne3) mentioned that there was a limited set on Ebay... and I just couldn't resist. Snagged them for $100 plus postage.

Any way I can. From the source if it's available AND in my budget, otherwise (almost) anything goes. Wink

It's Thirteen O'Clock
-------------------------------------
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
-------------------------------------
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Oxenberger   10-30-2007, 09:33 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:I grab 'em any way I can. To my shame, I've even kept books from libraries. (But always returned them, once I got my own copy.) Bad? You bet. But I just HAD TO HAVE THEM!Sad

So you're the one with the $1200 library late fee...