NewYorkjoe   10-01-2007, 06:33 PM
Had to see this one, since it is set in my old home town!

Just as expected, kind of a remake of the original "Death Wish," with Jodie Foster in the Charles Bronson role.

Had to laugh when she tries to buy a handgun in Manhattan legally.Rolleyes

Kahr was a good choice, but no 9-mm ever made such huge holes in those bad guys on the subway. You ask Ken V., he'll tell you!

Best part was when she got her dog back.

Had to look up "Stranger's Gate," just to see where it was, 106th St. and Central Park West!!! No wonder I've never freakin' been there! I'd rather jump into a pirannha tank wearing a crabmeat overcoat as walk in that part of Central Park after dark! Sheesh!

Then out spoke brave Horatius, the Captain of the Gate: "To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late; And how can man die better than facing fearful odds, For the ashes of his fathers, and the temples of his Gods,"
"Well, John Henry said to the Cap'n, "A man ain't nuthin' but a man. But, before I let that steam drill beat me, gonna die with my hammer in my hand, Lawd, Lawd, gonna die with my hammer in my hand."
Kenji   11-01-2007, 11:06 AM
Today I saw "The Brave One". It's another Neil Jordan's good film, but I prefer "The Crying Game".

"The Brave One" is a well made thriller. There was a much high tension in the movie. The most brilliant moments were between Erica and Mercer. Terrence Howard's acting was excellent as much as "Crash".

"The Brave One" is a smart and thought-provoking motion picture.