Mick C.   10-26-2007, 02:47 PM
Okay, this really creeped me out:

I read in a whole bunch of different fields and genres, but October is traditionally reserved for fantasy and horror novels (and films). I'd had a copy of Bloodlines for a while, but was waiting to read it until this month, as part of my pre-Hallowe'en line-up.

About a week ago, I was sorting through some boxes of comics I'd stored away over the years. My 7-year old son Ryan is getting seriously into comics (and is developing some serious talent himself as an artist), so I was going through and selecting some for him to read (some of the titles are for mature readers, and would be too adult for him, but after he read through my collected Cark Barks, Little Lulu, Sugar and Spike, Hot Stuff, and then most of the Superman and Kirby DC titles, I'm working my way up to other stuff I think he'll like.) I was setting aside some of the early run of Jonah Hex for him when I found 4 titles that Alan (Watchmen) Moore did for Image Comics in 1993 - all loving (but very funny) take-offs on the glory days and titles of Marvel Comics. I remembered really enjoying them when I first read them, especially the ad spoofs and the letter columns in which "Affable Al" Moore perfectly copied the over-the-top style of Stan Lee's editorials and responses in the 1960s. As I reread the "Avengers" take-off "The Tomorrow Syndicate" I read a letter from one "P. Frank Winslow" of 662 Rolling Dune Way, Blech, N.J. commenting on "Affable Al's" alliteration that I remember reading when I first got the issue back in '93. The name of the letter writer seemed vaguely familiar this time...

A week later, I started reading Bloodline and stopped dead in my tracks when I read page 157.

Damn, that was weird. And funny. Who knew...?

"Flow with the Go."

- Rickson Gracie
Scott Miller   10-28-2007, 12:01 PM
http://www.repairmanjack.com/forum/showt...php?t=7623

Mick C. Wrote:Okay, this really creeped me out:

I read in a whole bunch of different fields and genres, but October is traditionally reserved for fantasy and horror novels (and films). I'd had a copy of Bloodlines for a while, but was waiting to read it until this month, as part of my pre-Hallowe'en line-up.

About a week ago, I was sorting through some boxes of comics I'd stored away over the years. My 7-year old son Ryan is getting seriously into comics (and is developing some serious talent himself as an artist), so I was going through and selecting some for him to read (some of the titles are for mature readers, and would be too adult for him, but after he read through my collected Cark Barks, Little Lulu, Sugar and Spike, Hot Stuff, and then most of the Superman and Kirby DC titles, I'm working my way up to other stuff I think he'll like.) I was setting aside some of the early run of Jonah Hex for him when I found 4 titles that Alan (Watchmen) Moore did for Image Comics in 1993 - all loving (but very funny) take-offs on the glory days and titles of Marvel Comics. I remembered really enjoying them when I first read them, especially the ad spoofs and the letter columns in which "Affable Al" Moore perfectly copied the over-the-top style of Stan Lee's editorials and responses in the 1960s. As I reread the "Avengers" take-off "The Tomorrow Syndicate" I read a letter from one "P. Frank Winslow" of 662 Rolling Dune Way, Blech, N.J. commenting on "Affable Al's" alliteration that I remember reading when I first got the issue back in '93. The name of the letter writer seemed vaguely familiar this time...

A week later, I started reading Bloodline and stopped dead in my tracks when I read page 157.

Damn, that was weird. And funny. Who knew...?

I don't think it was a coincidence either.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
phoenix rising   10-28-2007, 06:28 PM
And again we here thedemonic laughter behind us and a subtle whisper of a voice says in your ear, "Coincidence? There is no such thing."