RichE   10-08-2007, 11:25 AM
Since I love collecting books the thing that has gotten my poor excuse of a mind going is do people enjoy original editions more or expanded editions? Do the expanded editions become more of a collectors item or do the original editions fall by the wayside? I'd love to hear your views on this.

Also, I would like to take the time to thank all of you for making this site a wonderful experiance for myself where people of various opinions can express themselves and being treated with respect. Knowledge is by learning and by trying to understand both sides of viewpoint and interpretation. It is a great credit to Paul and the gang for creating, in my opinion, the finest forum on the web. And to all of you for being both teachers and students.
webby   10-08-2007, 12:25 PM
I can't speak to which version might have more monetary value, but I like to have both. The originals are cool to have just because they are the originals and used copies are extra cool just because I love old books. The expanded versions are necessary to have because I'm greedy like that. If I loved the story in its original form, I want more, more, more!

And thanks to you as well for stirring up some new discussions and adding new input to a few of the older ones. Wink

It's Thirteen O'Clock
-------------------------------------
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
-------------------------------------
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
cobalt   10-08-2007, 02:52 PM
I have the originals as they are collectible....so I want them. Gently used or pristine....I don't care....I want them.
Expanded versions......must know ALL of the story.....I want them.

Greedy I am, I admit it. Big Grin

EWMAN
RichE   10-08-2007, 03:22 PM
I'm still trying to find a first edition to "THE TOMB"-my birthday wish!