jacobm   10-07-2007, 01:07 AM
I'll give a go...i already suggested in a different thread Paul Greengrass (Bourne movies) and Stephen Chow (Kung Fu Hustle). I won't belabor the points, since I listed them in the prior thread. Anyone else have an opinion?

Silly question...of course you do...
Auskar   10-07-2007, 03:44 AM
My suggestion had only made one theatrically released movie. On television, he has had experience with angst and the supernatural. Evidently, he is in production on another movie that is supposed to be released in 2008. It has a supernatural theme.

The one movie he's done grossed only $25 million domestic and $13 million foreign box office, but it also made approximately $24 million in domestic DVD sales, $10 million from DVD rentals, and $5 million from television rights -- for a total of $77 million dollars. Not to mention any of the licensing for t-shirts, comic books, and so on. The movie cost $39 million to make. The studio made a profit because about 55% or so of the box office goes back to the studio, plus an unknown amount from the other sales.

Joss Whedon.

Yeah, I know. I'm silly. I just think he would do a good job of it, most likely.
Kenji   10-07-2007, 11:01 AM
Wolfgang Petersen--He directed "In the Line of Fire", "Air Force One", "Shattered". He did excellent jobs.

Luc Besson--"The Professional", "La Femme Nikita"...his action films are stylish.