Pages (2): 1 2   
SickThing   09-17-2007, 03:00 PM
Nothing to promote here, I just no longer want my copy of the Others: The Tales of F. Paul Wilson DVD. It's a signed (by FPW) copy, even.

Rather than take it to my local used-DVD store, I decided to give it away here. I'll pick a random winner from whatever PMs I receive before noon Wednesday (19-SEP-2007) ET.

I'd prefer that it go to someone who doesn't already own a copy, so if you already own it, please don't send me a PM (yeah, you could lie, but let's play nice). Oh, and U.S. residents only, please.

Hunter
cobalt   09-17-2007, 05:38 PM
And you don't want this treasure anymore???? :confused: :confused:

EWMAN
Bluesman Mike Lindner   09-17-2007, 06:41 PM
cobalt79 Wrote:And you don't want this treasure anymore???? :confused: :confused:

Perhaps poor SickThing has lost the will to live...Sad
Flinx   09-19-2007, 12:51 AM
SickThing Wrote:Oh, and U.S. residents only, please.

Hunter
That leaves me out.
bones weep tedium   09-19-2007, 04:46 AM
SickThing Wrote:Oh, and U.S. residents only, please.

Hunter

If there was a Smilie that expressed heart breaking disapointment, I'd have posted it here.

I guess this one will have to do:

Sad

I accidentally dropped a load of worthless change in the street. I was going to just leave it there but a burly policeman lumbered towards me and said, "You'd better pick that up, son."

I hate coppers.

[Image: smile-test.gif]"DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH.
LIBERTY IS A WELL-ARMED LAMB CONTESTING THE VOTE."
SickThing   09-19-2007, 02:26 PM
I received PMs from 6 of you (and some of them were very funny---thanks!). I wrote down all six of them, plus our two non-U.S. friends, on slips of paper, put them in a hat, gave it a good shaking and mixing, then blindly drew a slip from the hat. The winner was newcomer stephmom67. Sorry that I only had one to give away....

I watched it, thought they were OK, and don't see myself watching them again.

I used to have a pretty nice FPW collection in the late '80s, early '90s (the limited edition of the The Tomb, even), but over the years, I had to pare down my book collection because I just didn't have room for everything I wanted to keep. Eventually, that included my FPW collection, too (most of which went to acquire various McCammon books I was missing), so I have no reason to keep this as a collectible, either. Especially not when I knew there were others here to whom it would mean more.

Hunter
Biggles   09-19-2007, 02:38 PM
SickThing Wrote:I received PMs from 6 of you (and some of them were very funny---thanks!). I wrote down all six of them, plus our two non-U.S. friends, on slips of paper, put them in a hat, gave it a good shaking and mixing, then blindly drew a slip from the hat. The winner was newcomer stephmom67. Sorry that I only had one to give away....

I watched it, thought they were OK, and don't see myself watching them again.

I used to have a pretty nice FPW collection in the late '80s, early '90s (the limited edition of the The Tomb, even), but over the years, I had to pare down my book collection because I just didn't have room for everything I wanted to keep. Eventually, that included my FPW collection, too (most of which went to acquire various McCammon books I was missing), so I have no reason to keep this as a collectible, either. Especially not when I knew there were others here to whom it would mean more.

Hunter

I already had a signed copy of Others, so I was not in the bidding, but I would like to thank you and applaud you for the consideration you have shown to Paul's true fans by giving us first chance at these treasures. I hope that you will consider the same procedure for finding new homes for any other FPW works with which you must part. There is no question that the members of this Board are the best potential owners.

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
Flinx   09-20-2007, 12:57 AM
SickThing Wrote:I received PMs from 6 of you (and some of them were very funny---thanks!). I wrote down all six of them, plus our two non-U.S. friends, on slips of paper, put them in a hat, gave it a good shaking and mixing, then blindly drew a slip from the hat. The winner was newcomer stephmom67. Sorry that I only had one to give away....

Hunter
Even though I didn't with, thank you Hunter for including me in the draw.
Barry Lee Dejasu   09-20-2007, 08:57 AM
*snaps a finger*

Damn, I missed the contest entirely.

"...and your last thought is that you have become a noise...a thin, nameless noise among all these others...howling in the empty dark room"
--Ulver, "Nowhere/Catastrophe"
[Image: geomorfos.jpg]
stephmom67   09-21-2007, 07:21 PM
I can't believe I won and I know I can't say Thank You enough but I will try. I have never seen this DVD and can't wait to watch it as soon as it arrives. I can honestly say that it will be treated with very much TLC, and will go into my safe. I promise I will treat it with the respect that all FPW's works deserve and I mean that in a good way. Anyways I just wanted to say thanks again and let you know how greatly this is appreciated.Big Grin
Thanks,Stephmom67 or Steph
Pages (2): 1 2